Aerochager? Etec?

PBNFLD

Reaction score
Anyone out there have any positive or negative input on the aerocharger system for a 2012 800 etec? I'm not looking to run crazy boost, just around 6-7psi. I have been looking at the kit and install vidoes on line and it looks like a well put together kit, that's very straight foreward to install. I'm sure someone out there has seen or is running this set up?????

M1ryguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well running 7psi will get you around 240hp , not bad ! I just bought a used xm with an aero kit on it , running 8psi and apparently it's running great but I won't actually know until late November when I get it on the hill , can't wait ! Did a lot of research and looks like the two kits to go with are either the aerocharger or the TSS

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone out there have any positive or negative input on the aerocharger system for a 2012 800 etec? I'm not looking to run crazy boost, just around 6-7psi. I have been looking at the kit and install vidoes on line and it looks like a well put together kit, that's very straight foreward to install. I'm sure someone out there has seen or is running this set up?????

We are running a aero at 5-6 last season. It is a great system, push the bottom and go. Pulling consistent 60+ track speeds and whatever snow and a 3". Boost builds extremely low and is very linear. Ours has the snow to air cooler, highly recommended. Adds very little weight compared to water version. Tuning and setup will be key as any power adder to get the most out of it. Aerocharger just came out with a turbo specific helix for there kits as well. If you want to know more ask, it is good to share the knowledge and ideas!

PBNFLD

Reaction score
We are running a aero at 5-6 last season. It is a great system, push the bottom and go. Pulling consistent 60+ track speeds and whatever snow and a 3". Boost builds extremely low and is very linear. Ours has the snow to air cooler, highly recommended. Adds very little weight compared to water version. Tuning and setup will be key as any power adder to get the most out of it. Aerocharger just came out with a turbo specific helix for there kits as well. If you want to know more ask, it is good to share the knowledge and ideas!

Is there much for a turbo lag with the aerocharger?

PBNFLD

Reaction score
What is turbo lag ?;)

no there is nothing really after proper gearing and clutching setup. The aero is a variable vane turbo so you can effectively change when boost can come in.

Haha! Good answer.

M1ryguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What is turbo lag ?;)

no there is nothing really after proper gearing and clutching setup. The aero is a variable vane turbo so you can effectively change when boost can come in.

What gearing are you running ?

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well running 7psi will get you around 240hp , not bad ! I just bought a used xm with an aero kit on it , running 8psi and apparently it's running great but I won't actually know until late November when I get it on the hill , can't wait ! Did a lot of research and looks like the two kits to go with are either the aerocharger or the TSS
Just curious how u get that hp from a 800 at 7 psi maybe 12-14psi.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just curious how u get that hp from a 800 at 7 psi maybe 12-14psi.

Don't think it will make 11 horse per pound. Me nether. None the less a 200 horse light sled at elevation is going to fly. Compared to that same sled making 130-140 horse up top.

Aerocharger_jerry

Reaction score
Don't think it will make 11 horse per pound. Me nether. None the less a 200 horse light sled at elevation is going to fly. Compared to that same sled making 130-140 horse up top.

You got it. Aerocharger horsepower figures were calculated on BRP's dyno at sea level, and in the mountains 200+ hp is accurate.

Aerocharger's system is extremely efficient in terms of flow dynamics, and we are able to generate more horsepower per pound of boost as a result.

M1ryguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You got it. Aerocharger horsepower figures were calculated on BRP's dyno at sea level, and in the mountains 200+ hp is accurate.

Aerocharger's system is extremely efficient in terms of flow dynamics, and we are able to generate more horsepower per pound of boost as a result.

So at elevation , let's say 7000' at 8psi what kind of numbers is the e-tec making ? I'm just about to order a belt drive and I'm trying to figure out what gear ratio to get , and it seems like they are basing the gearing off of how much horsepower I'm making at elevation

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if I was a betting man, I would guess 200 to 210hp, split second performance did a dyno comparison a few years back on a aero charger and If I remember correctly it was 200hp at 7 lbs, and a stock etec came in at a 140 hp on the same dyno

mctrailboss

Reaction score
More power takes about 5 mins and better fuel. I run 10 psi on av gas and don't care about the hp. Its more than enough. You couldn't knock the smile off my face while riding.

mctrailboss

Reaction score
love the aerocharger btw. Very easy to set up and no messing with it all year. 3500 kms and not 1 issue. thanks to the guys at aerocharger who were always very helpful when I was doing the install and had a question.

POWDERCHOWDER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just curious what you other guys are running for clutching when running 7-8psi boost levels
i was thinking about going with P-85 and team secondary once i start pushing over 5-6 psi

Aerocharger_jerry

Reaction score
The P-85 is a viable setup. I think Ken typically runs a P-85 and Paragon clutch. At Aerocharger we've had really good luck with the Ski-Doo clutches running stock ramps, 200/290 primary spring and a completely stock secondary. We typically also change the gearing, going up to a 21 or 22 tooth top gear.

Top Bottom