Adding fan switch

RINGER

Reaction score
I'm adding a manual fan switch to my quad. What is the proper way to do so. Do I run a diode or something so power is not being back to the ecu?

i started a thread a while ago on titled fan over ride switch , theres a few posts on there , not sure if it will help or not ron

grnboyz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
pull your fuse box out on the front and the fan plug is right there cut the feed end of the plug off (not fan side) grab another plug at Greggs or wherever and just crimp 4 wires(2 power 2 ground) into the new one instead of 2 . plug it back in and add a switch and power/ground and your laughing. this way it still comes on auto if the switch is off nice idea if you forget .. just a thought

Does this work for adding in a fan switch?

• Admin

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
There is two wires that go to the fan too. I don't want to cut wires just add the fan in so I have the option of turning on manual or not. The switch could fail and then I'm left with no fan or It could get jambed with somthing and turn off then I'm left with no cooling.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put a 3 position switch on my outty. on-off-auto. That way you can turn it on when you want it on all the time, have it run like normal you can also shut it off to go through deep water. Had to cut into the wiring though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom