ACS Cable Scratchers - Any good?

Letsride

Reaction score
I thought about getting those in the past, i have heard they don't have enough tension to stay in the ice and snow. Even the thicker ones just don't work as good as the spring ones. Heard ski-doo's are a decent design and can handle backing up when a guy forgets them down....
Any other thoughts here?

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been running cable scratchers since 08 to my current 14. Work great and never had an issue with cooling, hyfax, or reverse.

Letsride

Reaction score
Oh good. Guess that answers my questions. I've seen them in a lot of magazines just always wanted to hear it from a real person. Thanks!

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We've got cable scatchers on three sleds, never had a issue, four years ago, son didnt think they were working so he left his up, 3 miles up Allen Creek trail, his light came on, sat cooled everything off, put them down and rode the rest of the way up without any problems....he use's them all the time now when on trails...

FYI they make one heck of a racket going up the deck ramp....

Marley

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The ACS scratchers instructions say to bolt it on to the body or the stabilizer arm and when you don't need them loosen the bolt off and raise them up - doesn't seem like they were designed for mountain riding but for a guy who rides trails all the time. They are made of plastic with crimped on ends.
Instructions were done by someone that doesn't have a good grasp of the english language...

rtk

Reaction score
I just installed new dura flex cable scratchers bigger wire diameter with replaceable and adjustable tips have not ridden with them yet

Marley

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just installed new dura flex cable scratchers bigger wire diameter with replaceable and adjustable tips have not ridden with them yet

The guys I ride with have/had the DuraFlex ones and were happy with them (have T3's this year) - they bolted directly to the rail and you could bend them back and hook them when not in use - the ACS ones have a flat lug type end that bolts on parallel with the sled...odd...

kenvb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have sold ACS cable scratchers for years. only issue was with my own old indy; they ran too close to the track and wore the coating off the cable. but no complaints from anyone with newer sleds.

Attachments

• cable scratchers.jpg
    cable scratchers.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 170

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow - old post coming back to life.

Didn't try the ACS, but had duraflex cable scratchers for two seasons. I'd rate the duraflex as just OK - not great. If you leave them hooked up on the rails too long, the cables would relax and stay in the up position even when un-hooked. If you just leave them down between rides, they are fine. Even when new, they don't apply nearly as much pressure as the traditional spring type, although it wasn't a problem unless you're on glare ice. Who knows - ACS may be better?

Switched back to spring type last season.

Last edited:
Top Bottom