AC and Yamaha partnership?

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A Polaris would be next but the claimed light weight will become a problem, you can only trim so much then it breaks.

Gotta agree there, heard the new pros are already having issues with the epoxy. Sure its lighter than nuts and bolts by a few ounces......wonder if that weight savings seems significant when you are busted on the mountain? Better watch out for pinecones with these new Pro's......LOL

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gotta agree there, heard the new pros are already having issues with the epoxy. Sure its lighter than nuts and bolts by a few ounces......wonder if that weight savings seems significant when you are busted on the mountain? Better watch out for pinecones with these new Pro's......LOL
Karma may bite them in the azz. HeHe.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just sayin what I see around me but if I was to try a different brand it would probably be doo because I believe they have learnd from their mistakes and are building a stronger chassis and not worrying about being the lightest. Also stepping up the horsepower is a big thing to me. A Polaris would be next but the claimed light weight will become a problem, you can only trim so much then it breaks. The no horsepower 800 I cant deal with that, if it is thye best chassis out there I guess I could transplant a Cat 800 in it. My 2 cents.

fyi don't take it so serious, get on yer favorite sled and ride, life is to friggin short otherwise.

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
fyi don't take it so serious, get on yer favorite sled and ride, life is to friggin short otherwise.

Ya know folks! This here is some good advice from the trouble maker! HAHA NEED SNOW LARRY hehe 6 feet in Golden and counting!!!! We could be there riding by morning!!!!

geo

Reaction score
LOL, glue failing lol. I remember the same talk 20 yrs ago when Chevy started glueing the doors on (and it wasn't to save weight). No recall yet.

Polaris builds the toughest OEM mountain chassis today and they did it light. Thank them because the others must follow. Shareholders will demand it (bottom line).

barleyfarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree!Some guys get worked right up over this brand loyalty!Every dog has it's day!What does it matter who rides what as long as they make it back to the truck!I've seen every brand being pulled and have been pulled back to the truck by every brand!I've also owned every brand and have never seen the point of going off like some of these guys about it!It is funny watching how some guys want to fight over it tho!You could probably run their woman down but jesus don't say anything about their sled brand!!

win

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well im one of those peeps that still own a 08 xp, after all the updates were done this sled still rocks, this sled was a game changer for the whole industry........ as you were, back on topic now

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup 2008 was a good year for most brands of sleds! Everything else made after this year is JUNK ha-ha j/k

• Thanks
Reactions: win

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup 2008 was a good year for most brands of sleds! Everything else made after this year is JUNK ha-ha j/k

now not sure if it is true or not but i heard the bronze coloured 2010 doo 800 163 summits really were some of the worst sleds ever produced, something to do with the colour scheme producing bad vibes, riding like broken buffalos and they also had problems with damadged tracks and loose nuts on the seats.

Last edited:

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
now not sure if it is true or not but i heard the bronxe coloured 2010 doo 800 163 summits really were some of the worst sleds ever produced, something to do with the colour scheme producing bad vibes, riding like broken buffalos and they also had problems with damadged tracks and loose nuts on the seats.

I Have yet to see a bronxe doo, special edition Or Something, please elaborate, :p.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Isnt that what I said? No need to be an ass. If you read right its not only sleds there are other items involed also, but if you must know I have owned Polaris items and found the sled was a total POS. the quad was fun but not very refined, at that time I should have went with the DS650 but when the econemy is hurting I'm doing my part to help out. Are you? My AC dealer likes to see me. Lol.

So no mention of ski-doo allowed.......or even comments from ski-doo owners. But you reflecting on your own "awesomeness" is? 90k worth of arctic crap in the garage.......wow your hardcore dude.

1970gto

Reaction score
So no mention of ski-doo allowed.......or even comments from ski-doo owners. But you reflecting on your own "awesomeness" is? 90k worth of arctic crap in the garage.......wow your hardcore dude.
Well if it makes you feel better I had a Doo back in 98 a 583 and my 97 Cat 580 would eat it alive. There was no competition at all.

1970gto

Reaction score
I guess what it comes down to is I really don't care what you ride. Arctic Cat has served me well over the years. When I did have a problem with a machine(which was this year) they gave me a new machine(this one is good). Any other issues were caused by me. I tried to upload a picture but it didn't work, that way you could see what is in my garage. Like they say" it ain't bragging if you can back it up"and I'm not I was just saying Cat isn't going anywhere and I can't see them joining Yamaha.

Reactions: K45

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess what it comes down to is I really don't care what you ride. Arctic Cat has served me well over the years. When I did have a problem with a machine(which was this year) they gave me a new machine(this one is good). Any other issues were caused by me. I tried to upload a picture but it didn't work, that way you could see what is in my garage. Like they say" it ain't bragging if you can back it up"and I'm not I was just saying Cat isn't going anywhere and I can't see them joining Yamaha.

well something we can agree on, i agree cat isn't going anywhere!!!!!

Top Bottom