AC and Yamaha partnership?

1970gto

Reaction score
two sleds and a years supply of belts?

2007 Modded M1200, 2012 M1100 Turbo Limited, 2013 M1100 Turbo SnoPro, 2012 Wildcat, 2012 MudPro 700, and 2010 Z120 plus a pile of accesories. Last year I put 760 miles on my M1100T and we raced and tuned every ride, still on original belt and it still looks perfect. Handed the keys for it off to the wife and don't think the belt will be a problem this season either. If you want I can let you talk to the 2 others in our group that rode just as hard with the same results.

1970gto

Reaction score
1970gto, i noticed you said "we raced and tuned every ride". What's with the tune every ride if it's pull and go? just curious, no bashing, just asking.
Seeing the 4 stroke clutching works different than a 2 stroke we were always looking to try better ourselves. Thats why we would make back to back passes that made me feel sorry for my belt but we never had a failure. The snow in our area was not good so we always had to travel so everytime we had a chance to ride we did testing along with it.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Strange, where I'm from there are Cats everywhere. Just did a look arround my garage and I'm looking at $90,000.00 yes you read right. In Cat products in the last 2 years.

you work at a cat salvage yard, seems like a lot of kitty repair parts in 2 years, maybe time to switch?

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have never owned a Doo but know people that have owned the weak, twisty poorly built Doo. As far as Polaris they are unreliable and way underpowered. So if you weigh 100 lbs. you might ride one but there is no way it will keep up to a Cat. I have seen first hand what happens when you compare them, the new Doo may be better than they were that is yet to be seen. The Cat 800 motor is unstopable.

hahaha, nice bedtime story

1970gto

Reaction score
You know its not good when the local BRP dealers emloyees were driving Cats. No I'm not joking, they were sick of bent bulkheads and belt issues not alone engine failures.

Stickyfingers

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You know its not good when the local BRP dealers emloyees were driving Cats. No I'm not joking, they were sick of bent bulkheads and belt issues not alone engine failures.

Well I don't know where they come from
But they sure do come
I hope they comin' for me
And I don't know how they do it
But they sure do it good
I hope they doin' it for free

They give me cat scratch fever
Cat scratch fever

The first time that I got it
I was just ten years old
I got it from some kitty next door
I went and see the Dr. and
He gave me the cure
I think I got it some more
Cat scratch fever

It's nothin dangerous
I feel no pain
I've got to ch-ch-change
You know you got it when you're going insane
It makes a grown man cryin' cryin'
Won't you make my bed

I make the pussy purr with
The stroke of my hand
They know they gettin' it from me
They know just where to go
When they need their lovin man
They know I do it for free

Cat scratch fever

when i read your comments this song is cranked up loud as possible playing over and over in my mind!!!!​

1970gto

Reaction score
Just sayin what I see around me but if I was to try a different brand it would probably be doo because I believe they have learnd from their mistakes and are building a stronger chassis and not worrying about being the lightest. Also stepping up the horsepower is a big thing to me. A Polaris would be next but the claimed light weight will become a problem, you can only trim so much then it breaks. The no horsepower 800 I cant deal with that, if it is thye best chassis out there I guess I could transplant a Cat 800 in it. My 2 cents.

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With your $90,000 sled budget why not try a cat 800 in a pro chassis. The build cost would be peanuts for a roller like you. Could be the ultimate sled.

1970gto

Reaction score
With your $90,000 sled budget why not try a cat 800 in a pro chassis. The build cost would be peanuts for a roller like you. Could be the ultimate sled.
Isnt that what I said? No need to be an ass. If you read right its not only sleds there are other items involed also, but if you must know I have owned Polaris items and found the sled was a total POS. the quad was fun but not very refined, at that time I should have went with the DS650 but when the econemy is hurting I'm doing my part to help out. Are you? My AC dealer likes to see me. Lol.

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No, im unemployed and sneek into an internet cafe to talk chit on S&M cause i dont have money for a computer. Maybe you can get a scrambler engine put into a DS chassis for the ultimate quad too?

Top Bottom