A Bitch from hell

gusto

Reaction score
Molly is actually a pretty good dog, the major problem is digging holes in the yard. I thought about putting some hot sauce in the holes where she digs but I do not know if thats the thing to do or not..What do you guys and gals think ?...

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
Molly is actually a pretty good dog, the major problem is digging holes in the yard. I thought about putting some hot sauce in the holes where she digs but I do not know if thats the thing to do or not..What do you guys and gals think ?...

A friend of mine bought a large kiddy pool and filled it with sand and burried the dogs toys in it with the odd bone and eventually the dog took to playing in the sand box rather than digging holes in the yard. I thought that was a cool idea.

G

Guest1

Molly is actually a pretty good dog, the major problem is digging holes in the yard. What do you guys and gals think ?

Quit trying to have sex :eek: with Molly when you are drunk and she will quit trying to escape your advances...:p ;) :d

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Hot sauce won't work... My old dog, used to chew up our door stops, and we put hot sause on them and she chewed even more of them... She seemed to love it!!!!!!!!

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
SumRic's current doofus dog!!!

Attachments

• IMG_4258_1.jpg
    IMG_4258_1.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 228
  • DSCF0002.jpg
    DSCF0002.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 23

TomKat72

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Fill the holes with the doge feces and then cover the holes with dirt. It may take a few cycles (dog digs hole, you fill, & bury) but this generally works. This works most of the time but I have seen the occasional dog that it doesn't effect. Good luck! If you have problems with the dog chewing up items I have a very good cure for that as well.

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
A friend of mine bought a large kiddy pool and filled it with sand and burried the dogs toys in it with the odd bone and eventually the dog took to playing in the sand box rather than digging holes in the yard. I thought that was a cool idea.

....Never heard of that before... Sounds like a good idea ! :specool:

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Digging is due to boredom. Either you need to walk your dog more to burn off the energy or give it other ways/things to entertain itself. IF your patient, you can teach your dog to dig in an area you build for it, as was mentioned. This will take some training. How old is your dog? If it's only a year or two the digging may go away with time.

My one dog used to chew the siding on the garage....hot sauce sure stopped that in a hurry!

Snowdoogie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fill the hole with poo, and cover it up. It works, i've got two labs and they love to dig. Bored'em is the main reason they dig holes, they want to be with their people.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
are you cutting her nails enough. alot of dogs dig to shorten their nails. keep them trimmed and should stop her. although sometimes its just natural. i use to bring my dog over to the hole then spray him with the hose after he had doug a hole. doesnt do it anymore.

ronkytonk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love dogs....

How to stop digging

If you do some work in the garden, roll out the hose and fit a sprinkler on the end. When the dog goes to investigate the area, turn on the sprinkler. In this way the sprinkler is telling the dog off, and not you. The added bonus of letting the sprinkler do the work for you is that many dogs will learn not to dig whilst you are present but can dig away happily when you are away from home. The sprinkler causes the dog to think that the actual garden is chastising him and does not realise that you were involved at the tap end!

What if you do not have a sprinkler, or the dog is digging at a point too far away for the hoses to reach? Treat yourself to a toy water pistol. For very little cost, you can buy a water pistol that has a good accuracy over several meters. Then you just hang around in the garden and wait for the dog to start digging. As soon as this happens, deliver a jet of water at the dog, aiming for its head. Say nothing; act as if you were not involved. This can have a similar effect to turning on the sprinkler.

If your dog seems hyperactive, chews destructively and digs holes then this could be boredom. Take the dog out away from the garden for exercise for at least one hour each day. Play games of fetch with a ball and do not restrict the dog to the garden - allow him into the house. The more the dog is alone the more likely it is to dig. Leaving toys stuffed with food and goodies when he is left alone will make the "home alone" times more stimulating.

Dogs that dig at fences may well be bored and trying to get out to something on the other side of the fence. The scent hounds will especially do this when they can smell something really interesting on the other side of the fence - so watch out if you have a Beagle. If there are any gaps in your fencing fill them in but also watch for gaps below the fence - fill this in with concrete or attach chicken wire to the bottom of the fence and curve onto the ground, burying it below the surface. For dogs that do keep going back to the same hole to dig, try lifting some of the dog's own poo and placing that in the hole - few dogs will dig through their own feces.

If you find that despite all your attempts to stop it your dog keeps on digging, then you might consider ceding a portion of the garden. If your toddler likes to dig, we buy them a sandpit. The same can apply to the dog. Provide a sandbox - or just a small corner of bare, dug over earth, and bury bones and favourite toys. At first, leave part of the toy sticking out of the ground, take the dog over to the area, and act excited as if you are about to discover lost treasure. Let the dog dig to get the toy and praise like mad.

Whenever you then see the dog digging in other parts of the garden, switch into your "excited - buried treasure" routine and encourage the dog over to the digging area. Better to have one small area dug up by the dog than to have your whole garden looking like a minefield.

If you feel your dog is digging because he is bored and you decide to obtain another dog to keep him company, then expect to have two digging machines! Far better to solve the first dog's digging problem before multiplying this by two.

The best tip of course is, if the dog has made a hole, use the dog's own feces (MUST be his/her OWN feces), and put it in the hole. Dogs hate the smell of their own feces and will never dig in that spot again. This is particularly useful if your dog keeps digging in the same spots over and over.

IMSICK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
backcountryrebels.com
i saw the title...... At first I was worried you met my ex wife!!!!!

Then when I saw about the digging, I knew you did.... but when the digging was reffering to the lawn and not gold, I understod it was a dog!!!

Top Bottom