9R reviews or lack thereof….

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can only assume that the lack of reviews is due to the 9r being a complete and utter disaster. The owners are embarrassed.....thus their silence. If only the fools that bought these useless machines had the sense to buy Ski-doo (TM) snowmobiles, their lives would actually be good right now.

Just a guess
keep guessing

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haven’t heard much about them but what I have heard is guys are impressed with the performance. Quality of some things fit and finish wise seems to be hit and miss though

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I rode one when I was out with jhurkot on the weekend. It’s a much better sled than the 850 but it’s far from boost power. It will work great for guys in the tight low stuff. Works for
Johnny that’s forsure lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I rode one when I was out with jhurkot on the weekend. It’s a much better sled than the 850 but it’s far from boost power. It will work great for guys in the tight low stuff. Works for
Johnny that’s forsure lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Wow, finally you seem to understand the concept now. You forgot the part about being about 40 lbs lighter than your ride. (at all elevations)

Last edited:

emonbro

Reaction score
I have a 22 boost with 1800 miles on it, I have now 500 on the 9r & have not thought about riding the boost once. I have had several aftermarket furblows before that, I can lace way greasy lines than ever with the 9. So stoked!!!

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 22 boost with 1800 miles on it, I have now 500 on the 9r & have not thought about riding the boost once. I have had several aftermarket furblows before that, I can lace way greasy lines than ever with the 9. So stoked!!!

Yup. This guy gets it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

famousamos56

Reaction score
Just got to ride one for about 30 minutes this weekend.

approximately 8-9k feet of elevation. We were riding about 45" of fresh cold storm snow (most snow fell during 8-15 degrees Fahrenheit-thank you northern Colorado winter). Fresh snow was waist to chest deep depending on drifting/loading.

-I ride a fairly built axys 800 163 - custom high compression motor/stage 3 setup. Wanted way more power in that much snow. I was full pinned all day up and down hill and not moving extremely fast.
-Wife rides a 2021 850 163 with a slp head and can. More powerful than my built 800 but still lacking power in that much snow. Could let off a bit and keep moving.
-One friend had a 23 9R 155. had to pin it a decent ammount but could let on/off throttle and still get around. Thing JUMPS off the line and is EXTREMELY quick reving/snappy. Really really fun when doing more technical riding/trees.
-One friend had his 23 boost. No question it has more power at elevation than the 9R. The thing just builds so much track speed. It climbed stuff that was pretty amazing in that much snow. And lets be honest, turbo noises are extremely addicting.

9R feelings: Extremely impressed. Felt significantly snappier than my wifes 850 and definitely has more power. It has such quick snappy power down low and is just really smooth and quick. It was so good that I am now torn between it and a boost for a next sled. No doubt it could not climb as well as a boost in that much snow, but in the tight trees it was actually significantly easier/more fun to ride than the boost with that low power and super quick rev/throttle response. That was what impressed me the most, you push the throttle and its just instant. Pretty sweet compared to the 800/850's.

For people talking them down, they have definitely not ridden one. I did not think it would be near as good as it was. I was blown away. Highly recommend people try one if they can. I would no doubt 100% be on one if I rode at lower elevations (my riding varies between 8-13K feet). Still torn between it and a boost for higher elevations. I am also extremely addicted to blow off noises, so still swaying towards a boost for the next sled, although I could see the next step being factory boosted 9R's which is really the ideal scenario, snappy low torque and high top end power.

Giv'er

Reaction score
My bad, I misread that. Was it frozen before the warm day? If you can put it in a heated shop for a full day that would help. Having it cut out off idle is often the throttle safety sensor which is a plunger activated by your throttle pin when you put pressure on the flipper. Having the throttle stay on is often the cable freezing. I would try lock deicer as well. If you leave a Polaris outside always check the throttle a few times before trying to start it.
No, we have 3 9R's all came from the heated garage, to the sled trailer and it was like plus 4 outside that day. They got worse as they got warm. Just drove them back to the shed the other day and felt perfect, cold, so something under-hood heat related, for sure.

Giv'er

Reaction score
I just got my new matrix, and I was working/adjusting the throttle and I noticed that the flipper is real tight on the block. They used to be loose and had little shim washer that you would put in there and adjust for free play. Not the same now, no washers in there and flipper drags a bit on the block. If this is the case then it may activate the tss because it doesn’t slide away properly. May need some lube on it or some brake in time to loosen it up. Also cable slack was way off
Thanks, so you think it requires lube at the throttle body, any recommended type of lubricant. Dealer said he knows nothing of it, if I had one sled, id say ok, but with all 3....there is an issue.

gedakbx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WD 40 should work to lube the cable. If you could get a dirt bike cable lubricator would help get it done. Motion Pro makes them

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
140$ per Hp for the boost and 210$ per Hp for the 9R. Math doesnt work, no value in the 9R. Same chassis, boost does everything the 9R does but better/faster for a similar price

With that logic… why would skidoo even sell NA 850’s any more…?

Dazzler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
140$ per Hp for the boost and 210$ per Hp for the 9R. Math doesnt work, no value in the 9R. Same chassis, boost does everything the 9R does but better/faster for a similar price
I think they were comparing the 850na to 9R🙄

gedakbx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have a well set up 22 Matryx 850 165 and a 23 850 165 Expert Na finally going to ride it this weekend back to back with the Polaris curious to see how the skidoo works. Set the skidoo up just like I would set up any of my Polaris sleds suspension wise so we will see. I did want a 9r put have never rode one and I got a good deal on this expert being 1 year old with 0 km on it.

Top Bottom