96 summit track mod

KORE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well here it is! 1996 summit 670. 136" to 151" track swap with 8t i/o drivers, 20/44t gearing, 151"x 2"x 15" Challenger light punched out down the middle, modified rail extensions, 2" setback, 8" big wheels, custom shaft,custom drop brackets, custom 4" riser, custom LED brake light. Also, stripped tunnel, painted suspension and idlers new sliders, shorty carb boots and gutted can (sounds sweet, throaty and snappy). Ill paint the hood this summer and mod the seat too. What do you think??

Attachments

• PIC_0310.jpg
    PIC_0310.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 145
  • PIC_0311.jpg
    PIC_0311.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 111
  • PIC_0308.jpg
    PIC_0308.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 113

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well here it is! 1996 summit 670. 136" to 151" track swap with 8t i/o drivers, 20/44t gearing, 151"x 2"x 15" Challenger light punched out down the middle, modified rail extensions, 2" setback, 8" big wheel, custom shaft,custom drop brackets, custom 4" riser, custom LED brake light. Also, stripped tunnel, painted suspension and idlers new sliders, shorty carb boots and gutted can (sounds sweet, throaty ans snappy). Ill paint the hood this summer and mod the seat too. What do you think??

Looks REALLY nice...uhh may i ask how much the track mods cost you..and also why didn't you extend the tunnel?

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks good buddy,Just a suggestion, But you might want to extend your tunnel though. The track is going to grab you snow flap, hope you left some extra wire so the flap can flip up above your tunnel. The longer tunnel will help with keeping the snow in you tunnel for cooling and lessen the wear on your sliders.
Looks good .

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice! You may find that with the short tunnel the snow flap won't catch enough snow to cool your exchangers when you ride in low snow. (Like tabneil said)

Last edited:

KORE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Track was $300, extensions $80, wheels and bearings $170, 20t gear $30, sliders 50, driver $90 and $50 in misc. i havent done an extension yet cause Id like to try a modified flap, I'll likely end up extending it any way. So about $700 when all is said and done not including tunnel extension.
Thanks

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
WELL DONE... BUT YOU DOO NEED TO EXTEND YOUR TUNNEL.... YOU HAVE NO OPTION, AS EVERYONE ABOVE IS CORRECT AND YOU WILL NOT HAVE MUCH COOLING INSIDE THE HEAT EXCHANGERS FROM THE SNOW.... ALSO, I WOULDN'T WANT TO BE FOLLOWING YOU AND YOUR "ROOSTER TAIL" DOWN ANY TRAIL........... LOOKS GOOD OTHERWISE, NICE WORK!!! :specool:

Attachments

• 129-2966_IMG.jpg
    129-2966_IMG.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 105

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
WELL DONE... BUT YOU DOO NEED TO EXTEND YOUR TUNNEL.... YOU HAVE NO OPTION, AS EVERYONE ABOVE IS CORRECT AND YOU WILL NOT HAVE MUCH COOLING INSIDE THE HEAT EXCHANGERS FROM THE SNOW.... ALSO, I WOULDN'T WANT TO BE FOLLOWING YOU AND YOUR "ROOSTER TAIL" DOWN ANY TRAIL........... LOOKS GOOD OTHERWISE, NICE WORK!!! :specool:

if i gota dollar for every time ive seen that pic on snow and mud id be rich...ahha looks good though

Top Bottom