tunnel idlers for 99 summit x with 151 track

Dano670

Reaction score
hey fellas ,just picked this machine that was partially dissassembled ,suspension out of it, track removed ,chain case apart ,the machine was to be parted out and sold on e-bay ,however I rescued it with almost all of the pcs and I'm in the process of putting it back together .Its got a 151 track with 2" paddles and 9 tooth drivers ,I've already ordered 8 tooth extroverts for it for clearance issues ,it didn't have the axle and idlers that sits in the fwd part of the tunnel ,I was told I didn't need them .This machine also has reverse ,is this going to be a problem with this track ? A possible weak point ,also are different gear ratios available for these cases that have reverse .I've got 3 670 x's counting this latest one ,its the only one that I've got to mess with in the track area ,all the rest are 136 " tracks and basically stock ,this will be my first one thats a long track .......thanks for any imput

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have the same thing without reverse. if you are talking the idlers that roll on the front of the tunnel between the drivers and rear suspension mount no you do not need them they just add weight. and well probably stiffen the tunnel a bit as well. but i have never had issues with mine.
good luck getting it all back together.

Dano670

Reaction score
thanks for the reply magnet ,never ridden a long track sled so apparently from what i here I'm in for a treat ,only paid 1200 bucks for this ,love the engine lots of power and my other sleds have been super reliable ,one day I'll make it to the Rev platform lol

Top Bottom