new owner of 2012 summit x 154

tnt-salvage

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey guys just wanted opinions on the new sled we bought for the wife, 2012 summit x 154" has electric start, brp cover, quick clickers, ice scratchers, full slp exhaust, has the new ski-doo clutch cover for better cooling, brp gas can, ski-doo tunnel bag, heated handle bar bag, has the t motion and flex edge track installed, also came with the stock track and stock y pipe. sled has 804km on it. the owner snowcheck it for his gf and when it came in it had create damage. they refused the sled and requested a mint one. the dealer brought another one in to replace it. they were suppose to get 3 years bumper to bumper warranty but when i asked him to confirm the date its good till the dealer told him today it ran out in 2012. so now there going to get this sorted out. we got the sled for $9500.00 has anyone else had this issue? i do believe the seller as i doubt there was any need to have warranty work done with only 800km on sled. what are the chances we will get to have the last year of warranty it should have? also thoughts on the slp exhaust system?

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I missed the story, if they refused it then how did they still end up with it and put mileage on it?

tnt-salvage

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
okay, so the owners snow checked a 2012 summit x 154. when the sled arrived it had crate damage and they asked to have different sled as they didnt want a scratched tunnel or cooler. the dealer brought another sled in from vancouver for them. but the dealer did not put the 3 year warranty on the replacement sled.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
okay, so the owners snow checked a 2012 summit x 154. when the sled arrived it had crate damage and they asked to have different sled as they didnt want a scratched tunnel or cooler. the dealer brought another sled in from vancouver for them. but the dealer did not put the 3 year warranty on the replacement sled.
So this is the replacement not the original crate damaged one? Well bought I'd say.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Am I missing something? Guy snow checks sled, comes in with damage and refuses , dealer finds another in perfect shape to replace damaged one.
How did this sled get 804 Kms on it
?
Did guy end up taking the damaged sled also ?

tnt-salvage

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we bought the sled the dealer brought in for them. the sled that was damaged must have been sent back to brp or sold to someone else. sorry for the confusion but i was including the history to get your opinions on the warranty issue.

to make it simple sled A came in damaged, they snow checked it and paid for the 3 year bumper to bumper, dealer finds sled B from a different dealer and buyer takes sled B. now wouldnt the 3 year bumper to bumper since already paid for come with sled B as well? when the buyer called his dealer he bought from they told him the warranty ran out in 2012.

as for the slp exhaust, we will be leaving it on the sled. it saves some weight for her.

i will get her to take some pictures of the sled tonight if she has time.

Top Bottom