91 rxl 650

97mxz670

Reaction score
i picked up a 91 rxl 650 for $200 its in really great condition minus track.. good compression been sitting for two years.. the guy i bought it from said it needs battery and fuel pressure regulator..are these sleds dependable or what are your thoughts..

Attachments

• rxl.jpg
    rxl.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 107

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My personal experience with this sled is to remove the fuel injection and switch it to carbs. It ran great with carbs, but maybe you are one of the lucky ones, as i had some friends that ran the injected 650's with no issues for many miles... The chassis is bulletproof, and they were fast in their day. I'd say fix it & ride it.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with oof. I rode with a Polaris dealer who had one of those back in the day. That thing was on a rope more times than he cared to admit. It was fast, the chassis was bulletproof and of course the Polaris clutching was top notch but......................that efi was abit behind on being reliable at the time.

97mxz670

Reaction score
thanks for info..i think i might do carb swap rite away to eliminate efi to start if i can find 650 carbs..ive heard that the brain box likes to fail..so if any one has carbs and setups to go with im in the market...

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks for info..i think i might do carb swap rite away to eliminate efi to start if i can find 650 carbs..ive heard that the brain box likes to fail..so if any one has carbs and setups to go with im in the market...

Be careful not to spend to much. That is probably a $500-$700 sled running at that age. Maybe someone will trade you carbs for your efi setup?

97mxz670

Reaction score
Be careful not to spend to much. That is probably a $500-$700 sled at that age. Maybe someone will trade you carbs for your efi setup?
If I Camby find carbs ill part it out locally at swaps and shows

97mxz670

Reaction score
I messed with rxl little bit it has great spark pumps working...i used battery charger on it and it'll pop off then nothing if I put fuel in cylinders it will idle for second then die.. Can I check injector pulse with one for automobile.. And how can I check regulator I think referees no fuel to injectors thanks in advance

Top Bottom