91/92 650 Triples

tjrishel

Reaction score
These are a little before my time! I think an RXL was EFI? Anybody know the good and bad of theses engines?

Thanks

Rob1334

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ahhh, the ol' RXL, first sled I learned to ride on.

These things had a LOT of power, prob. one of the quicker sleds of its day, they screamed. They did have EFI, well sort of, it was a stolen concept of an EFI but the system had a lot of problems. Either you had a good one or a bad one, plain and simple.

Rebuilt many of these, would buy a single piston, pull the top end on a friday night in HS, drop in the best looking piston and rings that was there in the box full of spares, some new some damaged, haha, and ran it on the edge of tune till she poof. Fun times....

For the price, unless you find one dirt cheap, you might want to find something a little newer, they were HEAVY bastards, hard on the back for sure. With what you spend on them you could prob get into a GenII chassis or maybe better, old iron and had some issues you don't want to deal with...

tjrishel

Reaction score
Thanks. Pretty much what I though. It not me buying it, Buddy out in Ont is looking at one for like $500. His 1st sled... said it is running though.

ne1game

Reaction score
Had a few, triple trouble, heavy,hard on cranks, pulled hard when running good,had a lot of fun kicken zrt's ass though.

Top Bottom