872 can thread

fynnigan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so we have a couple of 872 s installed this year ,and pretty pleased with the results so far , not enough snow locally to really ride much although . we have done everything dave recommends for setup BUT stock exhaust really sucks on a doo. they are both still stock but just wondering what luck has been had with something different ,without paying 900 $ can. from Diamond S ??:beer:

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I paid for the diamond s can, freaking awesome sounding super light. Unfortunately I parted ways with my 872 due to issues. Kept the can. The way I see it if u pony up for the can the first time you can keep it forever.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

FranktheTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I paid for the diamond s can, freaking awesome sounding super light. Unfortunately I parted ways with my 872 due to issues. Kept the can. The way I see it if u pony up for the can the first time you can keep it forever.

What were the issues with the 872 kit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd rather not get into it. The snow and mud gang will chime in and you'll start hearing 7 different stories from people that were never there. Long story short I had some issues it turned out not being somthing I wasnt interested in any longer. Would I buy one again deff not. Not because it's a bad product or anything like that but the service I experienced left a bad taste in my mouth. Just my 2 cents. That being said back on topic. The diamond s can is an amazing investment I would highly recommend it.

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Running a DS can also - bought it mid summer - paid around $650 ! Decent sound - no performance issues - was considering the 872 BB so thought id purchase it since Dave only recommends them with his engine

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd rather not get into it. The snow and mud gang will chime in and you'll start hearing 7 different stories from people that were never there. Long story short I had some issues it turned out not being somthing I wasnt interested in any longer. Would I buy one again deff not. Not because it's a bad product or anything like that but the service I experienced left a bad taste in my mouth. Just my 2 cents. That being said back on topic. The diamond s can is an amazing investment I would highly recommend it.

Still have the 872 !!??

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dyno port pipe and Y pipe on my 868. Specialty sled race can. Not to loud. Works awesome and snappy.

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dyno port pipe and Y pipe on my 868. Specialty sled race can. Not to loud. Works awesome and snappy.

Umm ! Sorry to me - Had the same set up - the speciality sled race can was ear piercing - my buddys didnt wanna ride close to me - traded to the DS -not near as loud !

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Umm ! Sorry to me - Had the same set up - the speciality sled race can was ear piercing - my buddys didnt wanna ride close to me - traded to the DS -not near as loud !

The specialty races can with stock pipe is stupid loud. With a pipe and y pipe it sounds real good. I put one on my stock freeride and took it off after 5 minutes.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would talk to Neil at NPP. If he doesnt have something for it he will be able to build it. Awesome guy and great products.

Top Bottom