860 big bore.

BCAV

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just wondering if i were to get a big bore on my 800r are there any changes to do going from sask - bc with one or is it just change weights and ride just like a stocker or do u have to jet it diff once you have one of these kits more specificaly the 872 trygstad from wat i have heard that sounds like the kits to get sorry if im highjacking your thread but im very interested in one of these kits

Dave Trygstad

Trygstad Motorsports
Reaction score
just wondering if i were to get a big bore on my 800r are there any changes to do going from sask - bc with one or is it just change weights and ride just like a stocker or do u have to jet it diff once you have one of these kits more specificaly the 872 trygstad from wat i have heard that sounds like the kits to get sorry if im highjacking your thread but im very interested in one of these kits

BCAV
Our 872 package that you are asking about would come with correct jetting and your compression ratio (fuel type requested) domes for your application
and elevation, We have clutching suggestions and or also complete proven kits, Also comes with our exclusive coolant manifold that is required on our BB
for proper cooling of engine, Once setup they are pull the rope and go,
Call with any questions
Dave Trygstad
1-507-281-3545
Home Page
Your Leader in Rotax Performance and Development.

rylester331

Reaction score
BCAV
Our 872 package that you are asking about would come with correct jetting and your compression ratio (fuel type requested) domes for your application
and elevation, We have clutching suggestions and or also complete proven kits, Also comes with our exclusive coolant manifold that is required on our BB
for proper cooling of engine, Once setup they are pull the rope and go,
Call with any questions
Dave Trygstad
1-507-281-3545
Home Page
Your Leader in Rotax Performance and Development.
Whats a rough price range for a set up 872 Dave ?

Dave Trygstad

Trygstad Motorsports
Reaction score
Whats a rough price range for a set up 872 Dave ?

rylester331,

Our complete 872 Big Bore kit for the 800R engine is 2,150.00 servicing your cylinder, head, upper and lower rave valves, Kit includes everything needed, gaskets, o-rings, all jetting, our exclusive coolant manifold which replaces the stock thermostat, and your choice of head insert domes for desired fuel and elevations, We have 30 differant dome ratios available for our 872 builds. Our new piston design has given us the expected results after 1 1/2 years in design and testing before being released also.

Check our website or call for any more details on this great performing package,
Also I can hook you up with many very satisfied customers in your area with the same package!

Dave Trygstad

rylester331

Reaction score
Ok sweet , im just trying to do some reserch right at the moment , my 800r is all stock and original , never been pulled apart. Got 4500km on her now and still runs great , if I do the top end i am seriously considering your BB. Not sure if I should split the bottom end on her aswell. I see you guys do bottom end rebuilds. I would like to give you a call this week and see what your advice is ?
Thanks
Ryley

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know i want some serious power , but I also want pull the cord and go ,
Its pull and go I Would recommend doing the bottom end at the same time .My buddy been beating his 872 for 4 years solid build.

Last edited:

rylester331

Reaction score
Its pull and go I Would recommend doing the bottom end at the same time .My buddy been beating his 872 for 4 years solid build.
Yea it sounds solid ,I guess the biggest thing is that I wanted to snow cheak brand new next year, so if I dont put $ in her I hope she makes it through the season , or I put $ into it and make it have sweet power and I will ride it for another 2-3 years and not snow cheak ,

So is the 872 big power? Or is a new stock etec have more power ?

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yea it sounds solid ,I guess the biggest thing is that I wanted to snow cheak brand new next year, so if I dont put $ in her I hope she makes it through the season , or I put $ into it and make it have sweet power and I will ride it for another 2-3 years and not snow cheak ,

So is the 872 big power? Or is a new stock etec have more power ?
The 872 pulls very strong my brother has a new XM after riding mine last winter I'm doing his this November .

Top Bottom