860 big bore.

Jayrok55

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me who makes the best 860 big bore for an 800R power tech???
which ones should I avoid!!! And if you run one how do you like it?

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This could start a war! There are a few different camps on this one. From the ones I have been around, and what I have heard about others.......it sounds like the 872 from Trygstad is the way to go. Not saying that others dont work, just never heard anything BUT positive about the 872. My next choice would be Arctic edge (Brent Linderman). Plus hes in canada so might make things a bit easier. Im sure some of the other 860s work if set up right, but not the ones Ive been around. Heard some 880s scream, but that they can be a bit more hit and miss.

jayrok

Reaction score
Thanks. I guess I should look into the 872 as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jayrok

Reaction score
How many kms do you have on it? What do you figure HP is?

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have a 880 BMP that pulled great that will sell reasonable ?
Bored carbs available.
Reeds

kellyandhislimo

RIP - March 16, 2023
Reaction score
How many kms do you have on it? What do you figure HP is?

There's a few hundred kms on it. Not sure of horse power. Feels like there is more hp than my buddy's 14 xm. But without a dyno I don't know. They claim if they are done right you can get 190hp but I have my doubts about that.

MtnMaster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anywhere the snow is deep, and the hills are steep
SHR!! My 860 was a monster and definitely noticed a significant power loss going to a '14 xm... Whichever one you choose, follow the builders set-up exactly! Use the exhaust they recommend, jetting, clutching etc. Had an SHR 860 in an '08 with a dynoport Y-pipe and can, with Vforce reeds(along with other chassis/track mods.) Took one ride to dial in jetting/clutching and after that it was a pull n go performer. Plus, BJ's customer service is top notch.

Director

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a Arctic Edge 860 on my 08 XP.. Dropped the sled off and let him do all the work, tuning, clutching etc.. 1st time i squeezed the throttle i couldn't believe how much of a difference it was.. That sled was a torque monster.. Sold it to a buddy when i upgraded to the 13 XM..

Brett was great to deal with, price and delivery was exactly as quoted when i dropped off..

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me who makes the best 860 big bore for an 800R power tech???
which ones should I avoid!!! And if you run one how do you like it?

Arctic edge 860 with twin pipes. He supplied the kit and I built it. 9000km on that sled as it sits. Enough said!

Still own own it and it still would kick the crap out of my 14 xm. Found a lot of new areas with that sled.

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got a Terra Alps kit. It does well, but I would go with either Linderman or Trystad on the next kit. Mine was $2900, but I had to replace the case as well.

flabbajabba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whichever one you choose, follow the builders set-up exactly! Use the exhaust they recommend, jetting, clutching etc

X2^
good advice I'm running a rktek 860 and followed everything from builder exactly had a trouble free season. ended up gearing it up and after I finally got enough weight in the clutch was happy with the gains. Ended up around 2700

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got a Terra Alps kit. It does well, but I would go with either Linderman or Trystad on the next kit. Mine was $2900, but I had to replace the case as well.
x2 I agree switched out one of Engine Tech's 860 and one of Terra Alps 860's to Trygstads 872's and they're both blown away in performance over there previous BB .I've heard great things About Linderman's motor's too that would be my next choice for sure .Cheers $2150.00

Last edited:

Director

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Director how much was that 860 from arctic edge? Didn't have a chance to call Brent today.

I dropped off the sled with a blown top end and AE looked after the rest.. Big Bore, Y-pipe, clutched and tuned all said and done it was $34-$3600 range(been about 5 years so don't recall exact amount)..

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No issues with the RKTEK 860 I put in my sons 07 rev either. As Mtnmaster stated-follow the engine builders advise and install the reeds, y-pipe, jetting, clutching and gearing exactly and it will perform. Also dont forget to get the ECM re-programmed accordingly. $4400 with new crank,boyesen rage cage,dyno-port y-pipe,ECM re-programmed. $2200 for cyls done,pistons and piston kits.

Top Bottom