860 big bore

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i think my set up right now i pretty good, if i go to a BB kit i should change my gearing back to the original gearing not the 19 tooth? my xp is a 154.

Why would you change the gearing back? The little bit of power will just shift the clutches out a bit further.

duch17

Reaction score
Why would you change the gearing back? The little bit of power will just shift the clutches out a bit further.

I was sort of asking aquestion with that comment, is it better to run a lower gear like i have right now, wont the clutches only shift out so far, or do you gear up and run a little faster track speed with the new pwr ?

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it is all on how you want it set up... when i put my bb kit back in i am going to gear it up but alittle at a time to see where i like it....

Longhairfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't waste your money duch17. There are three big bores running in our group and they all very dissapointed customers. One kit is from BC and the other two are from Alberta. All three from different builders. Not on here to bash the builders, but they just dont work for the money invested. If ya want to spend 3 grand then put the 3 pitch 2.5 extreme 162 track on your machine with Bakers rear shock set up. You will be much happier with this and not trying to dial the machine in all WINTER. Maybe a tuned big bore does work...... but i've yet to see one. If ya want to waste your winter trying to dial it in then go for the kit. Each builder will tell you the clutch set up to use, but you will soon find out that you will be on your own to try and get it to work.......each machine is different.:beer:

Engine-Tech or RKT are the only 860 builders to deal with.

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
whats the point it is already paid for so i might aswell use it.... they say one is better than the other... haha who cares.... they are all going to have there faughts and good pionts aswell.... i do not need to phone anyone... other than to do a little fine tuning and i would phone the guy that i buy it from not any other builder... tried that already and was treated very bad... so no i will not phone specialty as for the others, i might give them a call for info... nope i am not running those kits.

Top Bottom