860 big bore

duch17

Reaction score
I guess that settles that and i should lean towards RKT.

Well maybe......

powpounder

Reaction score
I guess that settles that and i should lean towards RKT.

Well maybe......

Don't waste your money duch17. There are three big bores running in our group and they all very dissapointed customers. One kit is from BC and the other two are from Alberta. All three from different builders. Not on here to bash the builders, but they just dont work for the money invested. If ya want to spend 3 grand then put the 3 pitch 2.5 extreme 162 track on your machine with Bakers rear shock set up. You will be much happier with this and not trying to dial the machine in all WINTER. Maybe a tuned big bore does work...... but i've yet to see one. If ya want to waste your winter trying to dial it in then go for the kit. Each builder will tell you the clutch set up to use, but you will soon find out that you will be on your own to try and get it to work.......each machine is different.:beer:

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't waste your money duch17. There are three big bores running in our group and they all very dissapointed customers. One kit is from BC and the other two are from Alberta. All three from different builders. Not on here to bash the builders, but they just dont work for the money invested. If ya want to spend 3 grand then put the 3 pitch 2.5 extreme 162 track on your machine with Bakers rear shock set up. You will be much happier with this and not trying to dial the machine in all WINTER. Maybe a tuned big bore does work...... but i've yet to see one. If ya want to waste your winter trying to dial it in then go for the kit. Each builder will tell you the clutch set up to use, but you will soon find out that you will be on your own to try and get it to work.......each machine is different.:beer:

I agree...........

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't give up yet Dave, a few more days tuning and a couple more grand, it'll rock.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes if you found your sled to be transfering the power to the ground well then do it.

then your left with dialing in the clutching.

ps. these guys set there base#s off new and used sleds so if theere baseline isnt close and you cant figure it out within a few grams or a couple jet sizes something else is wrong IMO

duch17

Reaction score
Ok, who out there is running a stock set up or very close and is tuned there set up as far as it can probably go, maybe with track speeds and rpms holding and need a little or a lot more, will the big bore kit get my track speeds up past the hump of 80 to 90 km/hr. This is were my sled is at right now, i just bought a Nitrous kit this should get me a little more yet and then i hoped that the BB would go to the next stage.

Or is the BB snake oil, someone speak up that has one properly tuned who isnt a dealer or seller of there own kit.

These guys that are selling these kits should be offering hands on tuning of these sleds is this offered anywere, you spend 15k on sled and othere stuff, couple hundred more bucks for tuning wouldnt be a bad thing.:confused:

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
bb kit will allow you to gear up and yes you will get your track speed up...depends on track size 151 or around there.... longer tracks maybe not as much

Transporter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
duch17 if you want big bore go with a 1500 cc or sumthing like that then even if its not tuned all that good it still might beat a stock xp.Thats why I went with T-apex cause even though everthing isnt tuned all that good at 20 pounds boost it still has enough go that it scares you sometimes.LOL.Would be nice to see engine builders line it up and see whos goes the best.Could be hard on business for some.

duch17

Reaction score
i think my set up right now i pretty good, if i go to a BB kit i should change my gearing back to the original gearing not the 19 tooth? my xp is a 154.

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i am waiting to get it back... piston skert broke and chit it self....

Top Bottom