850T Update

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That 3.5” pitch is amazing. I would compare it to the old 3” since some pros are comparing the 165 3” to the same traction of the 174 3” with the 3” pitch lug.

Im seriously considering a 2.5” for my next sled especially since I believe it will be more durable. I think Maxwell has been on a 2.5” for two seasons now. Ive been following his opinions of it.
The 3” doo track is the best/worst track ive had. Gorilla glue works great repairing damaged lugs.
Did you ride Owlhead in Sicamous lately? If so your track lugs are on the trail starting at 5k up to 12 k At least a dozen or so of them. From the carnage I am seeing I agree with you a 2.5 may be a better all round choice,

Last edited:

Cableguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
any particular kind of gorilla glue? kids sled has a few lugs starting to crack was thinking of trying windshield urethane

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
any particular kind of gorilla glue? kids sled has a few lugs starting to crack was thinking of trying windshield urethane

9eadb97f6c245250466b6ff86b1481ce.jpg

This is the stuff ive been using. It impact tough it says. Just blow out the crack with are make sure it dry and clamp it shut.
3df26b2d5b71aa1f9d6253732b38a95d.jpg

Here is a pic of a lug I split last year. 600miles later its still holding.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just heard a another victim of the tsled falling on top of rider in a climb, and causing a fatality in Washington.. total of 4 now, few more injured, the shortened tunnel and shovel like snow flap are accelerating process when it Wheeling at a certain point, few builders are getting ready for tunnel exstentions since snow check models are also shorter even on 175 models

not confirmed but from a reliable source, hope it's wrong.. either way I hope brp takes this serious.. be a lot of new riders too this new power and different skid characteristics

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just heard a another victim of the tsled falling on top of rider in a climb, and causing a fatality in Washington.. total of 4 now, few more injured, the shortened tunnel and shovel like snow flap are accelerating process when it Wheeling at a certain point, few builders are getting ready for tunnel exstentions since snow check models are also shorter even on 175 models

not confirmed but from a reliable source, hope it's wrong.. either way I hope brp takes this serious.. be a lot of new riders too this new power and different skid characteristics

still goin off on that bull eh fred. I watched one of the best riders in western canada flop his sled ontop of himself on the weekend on his 154 Cat, your point is invalid, chit happens. Move on, practice, get better. the sled is 165HP, far from a serial killer. Your riding crew should have eyes on you all the time.

Last edited:

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

4 fatalities?

Cableguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wonder how many of the first year R1s are still on the road
oh ya not many cause most people crashed them since anyone could walk into dealer and sign on the dotted line
those bikes were and are a beast

Bikeswithtrax

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
still goin off on that bull eh fred. I watched one of the best riders in western canada flop his sled ontop of himself on the weekend on his 154 Cat, your point is invalid, chit happens. Move on, practice, get better. the sled is 165HP, far from a serial killer. Your riding crew should have eyes on you all the time.

I have actually twice flipped a sled over backwards onto myself. Both were Cats, an 800 on 153 track, and 1000 on 162 track.
Like you said, it isn't just a doo thing, it happens to ALL brands.

C of Red

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes learn to ride, take sh!t at an angle if its crazy steep. Happens on all brands. People drown in the bathtub... we don't take away water or claim its a serial killer.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes talking with ken at Speailty sleds today, a guy he drag races with from Spokane, said he's a avid Sledder, not sure on his age if that matters, they are sold to all ages last I looked, said a steep climb where it happened again, for the 975 sleds sold in last month it's catches your attention when repeated

Top Bottom