850 xp tire question

malinowski3

Reaction score
I'm looking to put tires on my stock 09 sportsman 850 at the local shop they have a set of 30x10x14 silverbacks on sale I currently have 26x8x14s on the front and 26x10x14s on the back I was wondering if one they will fit on the quad without rubbing and two if they will fit on the front because I'm going from 8' wide to 10' or if the rims are the same size haha sorry if this is a stupid question I'm new to this and the guys at the shop were less than useful

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe they will hit at the back fenders without a lift. I also recommend a clutch kit with that tall of tire,.. hell I went with one for my 28's, makes a big difference.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ran 30 inch zilla tires and no clutch kit. Worked fine.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yah 850 has lots of power to spin those tires without a clutch kit. But a stiffer primary spring might not be a bad idea. As for rubbing look to see if you have the clearance now with your current tires and make a guess adding the extra width and lug size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yah 850 has lots of power to spin those tires without a clutch kit. But a stiffer primary spring might not be a bad idea. As for rubbing look to see if you have the clearance now with your current tires and make a guess adding the extra width and lug size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ran a 2 inch rubber down customs lift. Just trimmed plastic a bit

malinowski3

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys! I changed my mind and am either going to go with swamp lights or mud light xtrs because I am able to get them in a 27' tire I'm only concerned now that if the extra inch on the tire will make a difference on them fitting on the rims

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you will have no issues going with the extra inch. you would have had no issues with the 30's. I ran them for a year with no issues. no clutch kit and minor rubbing on the rear of the footwells.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
as to the tires you sholds be able to run the 28 inch tires no problem, and as arff said he ran 30 inch zilla's. with only a small lift. you just need to run muddy area's in low not high gear.

we all need big rubber to follow arff, he gets us in deep most times. and usually stuck. i can say he went everywhere anyone else went on the 30's.

Last edited:

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You could run 30s with stock clutching with no issues whatsoever......The 850 is a big bike, 30zillas are the perfect tire for them.IMO

Top Bottom