850 turbo 165 (stock clutch) vs Xpert 165 (iBackshift)

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So are you saying at 6500 feet, you are getting 58 to 60 MPH track speed with the 850t 165 x 3 inch track ? or our you saying 58 to 60 MPH ground speed in that video?

Dynamo^Joe

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pat told me on the phone, he looked down and seen 58 to 60mph track speed and thought "that's good enough" and backed off. The vehicle speed cant go that speed across the snow, its impossible when augering; maybe with 7psi...haha. Once he was able to get over a certain vehicle speed, getting on top of the snow, the sled fked rite off.

The fact that one cain't deny is, Chris's engine going 7950~8000 for 35 seconds without fluctuating and you can hear the whirl of the track barely fluctuating 2mph track speed..........and Pat pulling away like Chris's sled was, well, that's up for the viewer to decide. :cool:

Last edited:

Boost Monster

Reaction score
I have a New T850 with Joey’s New T850 Clutch Kit. I have been waiting to post my excitement about how good my sled is clutched now! I will also vouch for the speed Pat said in Joey’s post above. With Joey’s New Turbo Kit I also see 57-60mph Track Speed at elevation 6500-8000ft. I have 120 miles with stock clutching and just over 400miles with Joe’s new T850 clutch kit to compare! At home at 2200ft I see consistently at WOT across a field with about a foot of fresh and hard snow base beneath pulling 76-79mph. My Sled pulls so hard all the way through to max speed and backshifts like no other sled I’ve owed. My sled accelerates much faster from point A to B and recovers engine speed instantly back to peak RPM! This is also all done with clutch engagement of 2700rpm. (Stock was 4300rpm on my sled). My sled is now faster in every RPM range, pulls hard as hell!! On top of it all the belt Temps run 40-50’f cooler belt temps! I can honestly say STOCK clutching SUCKS Loud! Joey’s T850 kit is not just another blah blah clutch kit. Joey’s kit turns the T850 an animal.......Power by the Hour a good buddy told me! Thanks Joey! You Rock buddy!��

Last edited:

Dynamo^Joe

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
*giggle*....thanks for the cheers there Boost-M.
@skegpro, I tested springs made from 3000 down to 2200, but under 27~2800, a spring with those start forces with the final forces I wanted, wont last the cycles needed to be a production spring. They break with low cycle amounts.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So you are telling me that a 165 HP sled at 6500 feet is getting 60 MPH track speed, with a 165 x 16 x 3 inch track. BS. now way. you need a lot more HP then that to spin that track at 60 MPH. just all talk. 7900 RPM is 7900 does not matter how you clutch it. clutch kits do not make more power. you can clutch it so it might accelerate faster, but like i said 7900 RPMS is peak HP no matter how you slice it.

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kanedog 2015-2019, thanks for the good times S&M!
So you are telling me that a 165 HP sled at 6500 feet is getting 60 MPH track speed, with a 165 x 16 x 3 inch track. BS. now way. you need a lot more HP then that to spin that track at 60 MPH. just all talk. 7900 RPM is 7900 does not matter how you clutch it. clutch kits do not make more power. you can clutch it so it might accelerate faster, but like i said 7900 RPMS is peak HP no matter how you slice it.

If you study gearing, spring force and weights you may change your mind.

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kanedog 2015-2019, thanks for the good times S&M!
You should study what pot does to your brain. I think you have lost to many brain cells.
I like your vocabulary. “That’s BS” and “you have lost to(spelling mistake) many brain cells.” Yep, one of us has lost too many brain cells.

Now get back on topic and speak intelligently or I will mentally damage you for life.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes your right, I should spell it out so guys with no brain cells know what it means.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just seen this thread.. Had a buddy's 850t out at 6500 feet and did a decent climb all stock.. Did 98km/hr ever time and reset three times, in decent three feet of fresh..That seams to me to be a fair speed for that hp.. They say it's making 170hp, and with skis so far in air, your only utilizing 1/3 of track.. put the 174 on that and a decent skid holding skis down and you will be down from that for sure..

Not mentioned on this thread, but a few of us playing with tra race on the 850s, with aftermarket turbos.. So far testing the lighter tra primary is showing more pull on lower rpms over pdrive.. Top end similar.. Short season this year, but has potential

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just seen this thread.. Had a buddy's 850t out at 6500 feet and did a decent climb all stock.. Did 98km/hr ever time and reset three times, in decent three feet of fresh..That seams to me to be a fair speed for that hp.. They say it's making 170hp, and with skis so far in air, your only utilizing 1/3 of track.. put the 174 on that and a decent skid holding skis down and you will be down from that for sure..

Not mentioned on this thread, but a few of us playing with tra race on the 850s, with aftermarket turbos.. So far testing the lighter tra primary is showing more pull on lower rpms over pdrive.. Top end similar.. Short season this year, but has potential

98KM/H stock 850T? BS not a chance in 3 feet of snow. that sled will hold 80-85km/h all day long which is very respectable. But no more when under load.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

agreed, under full load in deep snow thats about 10-15km/h on the highside. i dont doubt a different clutch calibration could see some minor track speed gains but not 15/kmh. only HP will do that. as soon as the snowmobile becomes unloaded ( change in snow conditions , decrease in hill angle etc ) 60mph is achievable

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

<<< .That seams to me to be a fair speed for that hp.. They say it's making 170hp, and with skis so far in air, your only utilizing 1/3 of track.. >>>

So you check your track speed with the skis so far in the air your only utilizing 1/3 of track. I think this is where the problem is, people check their track speed different then other people, most of us that have 850T know what the true track speed is, it`s 78 to 80 Klms = about 50 Mph. NA 850 are about 44 Mph,
with about 30 to 35 HP difference.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dunno why this is always a argument, it will always be open to interpretation, better line, get up on plane quicker etc, which will increase the observed speedo reading.
Than some will talk about observed turnout trackspeed, its a discussion not worth arguing over.

Judging by the vid, that turbo got after it and smoked the other sled, poor fella filming didnt have a chance. If he was on a polaris the turbo would of had to wait even longer.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dunno why this is always a argument, it will always be open to interpretation, better line, get up on plane quicker etc, which will increase the observed speedo reading.
Than some will talk about observed turnout trackspeed, its a discussion not worth arguing over.

Judging by the vid, that turbo got after it and smoked the other sled, poor fella filming didnt have a chance. If he was on a polaris the turbo would of had to wait even longer.

Of course the turbo sled whipped the NA 850, they were at 6500 feet, the turbo had 35 more HP. there is about 5 mph difference between the two sleds,
if they went for 1 hour the turbo would be 5 miles ahead of the NA 850.

Top Bottom