850 reviews, pics and vids

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any bearing can move on a shaft. That is why there is a locking ring, Cat and Doo have them. Chrisco can slice it up any way he wants, and if the "Factory" says its ok then he is free to believe them(Damage control). Good luck as it's a poor design.

Well im not slicing any thing up lol. Ill be the first to post pics of mine if it happens. Just sharing info I happen to know thats all. Yes if it is a poor design it will show its ugly face. Do I feel like it should have a lock ring instead of having to rely in case pressure yes

absolutely. No Damage control here dude I ride to.

DragonCFI

Reaction score
This is from a Buddy who's friend works for a Polaris Dealer

They have found a few with the oil line into the crank off which is something caused by a blockage from silicon where the case halves are put together so the PTO bearing locks up or if oil line comes off well everything is ****ed, Polaris has been sending out complete motors

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is from a Buddy who's friend works for a Polaris Dealer

They have found a few with the oil line into the crank off which is something caused by a blockage from silicon where the case halves are put together so the PTO bearing locks up or if oil line comes off well everything is ****ed, Polaris has been sending out complete motors

Only all the ones I know of it was not the PTO bearing hose that came off, it was the oil line feeding the bottom of the case on the PTO side (connecting rod)

d8grandpa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Only all the ones I know of it was not the PTO bearing hose that came off, it was the oil line feeding the bottom of the case on the PTO side (connecting rod)
The line that feeds the connecting rod dumps into nothing, it should never get plugged. The hose behind the clutch feeds the PTO bearing. That’s the one that could be pugged with silicone.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The line that feeds the connecting rod dumps into nothing, it should never get plugged. The hose behind the clutch feeds the PTO bearing. That’s the one that could be pugged with silicone.

I get that it could get plugged but has anyone had this one fall off?

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some info.

Attachments

• thumbnail (26).jpg
    thumbnail (26).jpg
    81 KB · Views: 679

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im a little confused by this? Is this a skidoo ( the clutch wobble is supposed to be there to dampen engine vibrations) thing? From what i understand those coatings on the pistons are supposed to be there to prevent the two metal surfaces from ever touching/friction prevention , etc.etc......along with oil of course and a fluid barrier.

ktmsx350f

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Polaris just released another tech tip saying if the oil line comes off further inspection is required and the oil line and clamps alone are not to be replaced as a repair

Sledtillded

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I got tolled yesterday by Polaris that they are sending a new motor for my 850 because the bearing on the PTO side fail and the fail was not cause because of oil line not sure from what but I am getting new motor.

So did they determine what the failure was ? Did they split the cases and remove the crank ?

RMKward

Reaction score
So did they determine what the failure was ? Did they split the cases and remove the crank ?

They won’t release the cause of the failure all I know is when cycle work gave my Vin number to Polaris they wanted very specific pictures and yes they split the case, remove the crank and showed it to me last week (I could see that the bearing failed). All oil lines were good they told me. They wouldn’t let me take a picture of the crank. Not sure but i think some of the earlier builds may have had some issues in the production line (mine was built October 10/2018). I think this is why many people are getting their sleds late. When Polaris discovered the problem, they shut down production until they corrected the issue. There are still people waiting on sleds, but i’m Pretty confident theirs will come without issues.

Reaction score
200 miles with absolutely no issues. Have a 16 axys turboed and I prefer riding the 850. Thing is a monster. Was a 163” 2.6 but changed drivers to accommodate a camso 3.2 track. Also put Indy specialty patriot weights on. So far, incredibly happy with this setup. Pulls hard and just keeps going. Hope guys that are having issues get it straightened out and get to experience all that these sleds can do.

Top Bottom