800r engine knock

foghorn

Reaction score
Ok so i put a 2010 800r in a 2007 rev and kid rode about a hr and now as engine idles down it starts knocking.Doesnt do it every time Sounds like pto side bottom end to me but when i had apart to put new Rk tek dual ring pistons in bottom end felt tight.Engine has about 850 miles.No sign of grease coming out of seal.Did just do rollers in clutch as they were wore right out.Havent had time to really tear apart yet but any suggestions would be appreciated.I am gonna pull clutch off and try to see if noise is gone.Doesnt make any noise as you rev it up.
Thanx Bob T

foghorn

Reaction score
14-1 compression fuel mixed about 40% C111 no lights i am running 07 ignition with 2010 motor.

Winter Brew

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you sure it's not clutch noise? If the rollers were shot, I'm guessing the arm pivots and likely the buttons and o-rings were getting worn also..?? They are typically gone before rollers. I almost always do the entire Maint Kit, it is not much more $$ than just rollers and contains all the wear parts.

foghorn

Reaction score
YA the fact it only makes noise with no load is steering me towards clutch thanx for the info.I will tear clutch apart and replace rest of parts like i should have the first time.I wil update after clutch rebuild.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 09 xp always had a weird knock when idleing down. It was right around the 5000rpm if i remember right. It had 4200km when I sold it and still ran strong!

Top Bottom