800R Cylinder heads

foghorn

Reaction score
Am kicking around getting head for my sled 08XP 800R Ride lots in Revy what is your guys thoughts. Are they worth there money.Do they put out more power the whole way threw or just at mid or wide open.Sled works well but always looking for more power.Dont want to big bore yet.

Got to keep ahead of Brother with same sled lol
Thanx in advance

skeeter800x

Reaction score
Put Terra Alps on my 2008 xp 800. Very happy with the noticeable improvement on climbs. Also did the air box mod as well.

foghorn

Reaction score
Any dealers in Alberta also what airbox mod I did put slides in air box but sled runs at 1200 deg with slides closed
Thanx

skeeter800x

Reaction score
Call Ted at Terra Alps in Kelowna; the air box mod was the slp on each side of the box; also should mention that I have the DJ clutch kit that was installed last year. He is very helpful if you have any questions.

foghorn

Reaction score
Thanx Ya I put DJ kit on as well works really well but like everyone else I am waiting on ramps.Also put Ypipe and Xwings on and that made huge improvement on mid range.Need to adjust needle though hit 1300 deg at midrange on long midrange pull.Will call Ted thanx again

jwood99

Reaction score
I am looking at putting the heads in my sled and was wondering if altitude will affect the performance or are the heads good at any altitude

foghorn

Reaction score
There are differnt compression heads that go up to 14.5 to 1 depending where you ride and what you want to run for fuel. I put 13.5 to 1 Terra Alps head on as i ride in revy lots.Very happy with it. I also run a little C12 just for extra protection.
Bob

Top Bottom