800 ETEC turbo

dprete1

Reaction score
Just returned from Revy. First trip out with my 800 ETEC turbo 154.
Most fun i have ever had in the mountains. Great snow, blue bird days and a insane sled. Will post pics and video in the next few days.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Most fun i have ever had in the mountains. Great snow, blue bird days and a insane sled. Will post pics and video in the next few days.

Whos turbo kit? and where did you get it installed?

dprete1

Reaction score
aerocharger. I'm a ski doo dealer. We installed it. Looked at Trask, didn't like a few things about that kit. Aerocharger kit is complete, works great now. Its too much fun to ride, even on the flat land.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
aerocharger. I'm a ski doo dealer. We installed it. Looked at Trask, didn't like a few things about that kit. Aerocharger kit is complete, works great now. Its too much fun to ride, even on the flat land.

Which dealer? Is this the kit that BRP race dept is releasing?

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how was the install, is it a good fit and finish, anything to tell a new installer, i should have one for monday, need lots of pictures, great to hear your happy with it

lightening1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
doo turbos scare the crap out of me, there are so many things that doo do that dont agree with boost, the reeds get eaten like no tomorrow, the rave valves either blow the boots or on the e tec the ecm has too much controll over them, i think the cyl reed engines are just not as boost friendly as case reed. i think if i ever go back to a boosted 2 stroke i will stick with cat or pooolaris, these 2 like boost, but i dont think i will go back to that route again, been there done many turbos, and found a good running sled with a big track will hang with most in the deep powder under pump gas kits. just my findings.:d

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
doo turbos scare the crap out of me, there are so many things that doo do that dont agree with boost, the reeds get eaten like no tomorrow, the rave valves either blow the boots or on the e tec the ecm has too much controll over them, i think the cyl reed engines are just not as boost friendly as case reed. i think if i ever go back to a boosted 2 stroke i will stick with cat or pooolaris, these 2 like boost, but i dont think i will go back to that route again, been there done many turbos, and found a good running sled with a big track will hang with most in the deep powder under pump gas kits. just my findings.:d

the thing that scares me is the injectors on the etec...

so you made an honest mistake tuning and took out your engine.

rather than just the regular pistons and cylinder your now looking at an additional 1200+$ for injectors.

jasonrev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the thing that scares me is the injectors on the etec...

so you made an honest mistake tuning and took out your engine.

rather than just the regular pistons and cylinder your now looking at an additional 1200+$ for injectors.

True that! I did'nt really think about that. If I had FU money I think it would be real sweet. I got to try out my first e tec today and was real impressed. A 163x3" track and get the clutching dialed in and I think I would be pretty content. It looks like doo has a sweet engine, might as well keep it that way.

08154XP

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was just going to refresh the thread with a reminder for that etech turbo vid???? Lets have it we have all been very patient.

Top Bottom