800 engine

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I seen this:

Bluetooth™ functionality: Enables the gauge to communicate with the rider’s cell phone and provide notification of incoming calls or texts

Like seriously, because work can't get ahold of you easy enough, now your sleds going to let you know when they're calling too?

But the engine looks cool, wonder what power output will be?

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score
Interesting. At least everyone will know what motor is coming next season. Chances are they may add direct injection rather then semi direct though. Depends on how emission friendly the new HO motor is.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Interesting. At least everyone will know what motor is coming next season. Chances are they may add direct injection rather then semi direct though. Depends on how emission friendly the new HO motor is.
Will she hold up to boost Neil? Lol.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not to be negative, but is it smart to take the crank out of a 600 and put it in the 800? Reliability has been the issue, is a lighter crank really the way to go? Hopefully the flatlander guinea pigs find all the bugs next year.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not to be negative, but is it smart to take the crank out of a 600 and put it in the 800? Reliability has been the issue, is a lighter crank really the way to go? Hopefully the flatlander guinea pigs find all the bugs next year.

Depending on where the weight was removed from, I just like it if they could find a quality cast piston.

prairie-rider800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do they usually test out new motors in the trail sleds first before putting them in the mountain lines? Or why do you figure they wouldn't be putting the new motors in the rmks as well? Not confident enough that it can handle the punishment maybe? Haha

Sent from my iPhone using

powder junkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do they usually test out new motors in the trail sleds first before putting them in the mountain lines? Or why do you figure they wouldn't be putting the new motors in the rmks as well? Not confident enough that it can handle the punishment maybe? Haha

the trail segment was overdue for sum goodies plus a good way to test out new things b4 hittn mtn sleds.

NM

Reaction score

Sometimes they are geared up to build X amount of engines. How many Rmks would they have sold if it came with the new engine? Probably lots.

NM

Reaction score
Pretty good chance there will be a few running around in long track versions with belt drive. Maybe even with a turbo.:rolleyes:

rmscustom

Reaction score
New motor only fits in the Axys bulkhead and not the Pro Ride. Assuming RMK will get the Axys update for 16... Or Maybe limited fall release;)

BrosBeforeHos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trying it on the trail sled = tow job. Trying it on the mountain sled = helicopter ride. Rather get a tow. Hopefully they did more R&D on this motor.

switchman8

Reaction score
Im really thinking about being one of the guinea pigs for this new engine, not sure what kinda set up i want yet tho, got till april 15 for snowcheck anyway.

Justin_sane

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I seen this:

Bluetooth™ functionality: Enables the gauge to communicate with the rider’s cell phone and provide notification of incoming calls or texts

Like seriously, because work can't get ahold of you easy enough, now your sleds going to let you know when they're calling too?

But the engine looks cool, wonder what power output will be?

Have they said if the bluetooth communication setup is compatible with avalanche beacons? Im sure they would have to be, but I know having your cell phone on, or using WIFI enabled gopros can cause interference.

I havent read the details, maybe its just on the trail sleds...?

Last edited:
Top Bottom