800 Can Am vs Polaris 850XP?

09xp850le

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i actually would like to take the 1000 for a ride (out of site from the salesman). just to how it goes! just gotta go to a dealer other than alberta beach.
anyone know of a dealer thats getting a 1000 anytime soon?

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i actually would like to take the 1000 for a ride (out of site from the salesman). just to how it goes! just gotta go to a dealer other than alberta beach.

So would I actually.

shenry

Reaction score
I know....that was just a poke at SOMEBODY who did all his research via Polaris ads. LOL.

All my research eh, I happen to own the quad, and like I said before quoting facts, regardless of where they are from are still facts. ie more suspension travel is more suspension travel. I would say some facts but not all........poke

05Cummins

Reaction score
What game? the man made mud bog game where the ground is even at the bottom and drilling big holes in your tires will make you pull faster times?

That's funny you know because I've pulled my fair share of can-am 800s out of the non man made mud holes those ones you find in the wilderness and such lol.

You know the rutted out ones that can-am's clearance couldn't quite find traction in the same hole that i drove through and then back through again.

I'm not gonna try and say I've never gotten stuck in a skeg hole or nasty peanut butter , but never once have i been going along and said ch!t i wouldn't have gotten stuck here if i had a can-am 800. or a XP850.

Considering both the can-am and the popo have similar dif locking systems i have to say your point is null. between the 2 id have to say it comes down to weight and hp and then ground clearance.

now i have seen some hills when I've been up in cadomin area where i wished i had a dirt bike or a done up sport quad but that's a different story.

Sorry dont get all poopy pants about my coment cause you ride a grizz

QuintinG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

The can am rep I was talking to over the weekend at BVJ said theyre gonna try to get a 1000 outty and rene in all the big dealerships asap. I'm assuming the alberta beach one is smaller so i would recommend martin motorsports.

QuintinG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hahahahahahahahaha!!!! they might be better if they improve the snorkel system on them. till that happens il keep towing my buddies 800 xtp home after every other water hole! other than that they seem ok. but il know for sure when it has as many kms as my xp 850 (5476kms) with as few problems:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

as a matter of fact i just upgraded my snorkel system. i had to reroute my cvt intake and exhaust to install the can am rad relocate.

09xp850le

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
as a matter of fact i just upgraded my snorkel system. i had to reroute my cvt intake and exhaust to install the can am rad relocate.

but mine is stock and goes through deeper water without drowning. hopefuly can-am moved the engine air intake snorkel on the new ones. the 800xtp drowns too easy. i can drive right beside him in the same hole, stop, then start going again, then have to turn around and drag the outty home. not impressed with that. i dont have snorkels on any of my intakes or exhausts. we both hit the water wfo and the outty just wont go as far. neither are designed for that mind you, but the intake on the outty is to low. it even had water splash into the air box! just some simple plumbing on can-ams part would alieviate alot of headaches. not sayin my xp is way better, just better in some areas, just like the 800 outty is better in others. dont even start on ground clearance between the 2 stock. xp has that covered by spades. outty handles a bit better, xp has better power steering(in my opinion), outtys a bit faster on top, it turns a bit tighter, not as smooth as the xp, not as skinny at the motor, need spacers for wider front tires, splash protection goes to the xp, maintenance is about the same as far as ease of access goes so far. this is just what iv noticed so far after riding both machines back to back over a few weekends. havnt picked a favourite yet.

QuintinG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
but mine is stock and goes through deeper water without drowning. hopefuly can-am moved the engine air intake snorkel on the new ones. the 800xtp drowns too easy. i can drive right beside him in the same hole, stop, then start going again, then have to turn around and drag the outty home. not impressed with that. i dont have snorkels on any of my intakes or exhausts. we both hit the water wfo and the outty just wont go as far. neither are designed for that mind you, but the intake on the outty is to low. it even had water splash into the air box! just some simple plumbing on can-ams part would alieviate alot of headaches. not sayin my xp is way better, just better in some areas, just like the 800 outty is better in others. dont even start on ground clearance between the 2 stock. xp has that covered by spades. outty handles a bit better, xp has better power steering(in my opinion), outtys a bit faster on top, it turns a bit tighter, not as smooth as the xp, not as skinny at the motor, need spacers for wider front tires, splash protection goes to the xp, maintenance is about the same as far as ease of access goes so far. this is just what iv noticed so far after riding both machines back to back over a few weekends. havnt picked a favourite yet.

yeah for sure stock on the intakes/exhausts on the outty isnt as good but it doesnt matter what the brand i would need snorkels. just the way i am i guess. ive never ridden an XP but when i was purchasing a quad my desicion was narrowed down to the XP or outty as i believe theyre the top machines on the market.

09xp850le

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
agreed. they're both really good machines. il be due for a new one next spring, and itl b tough to decide. hopefuly somebody on here will have a 1000 with a chit ton of kms on it by then. then il have to get together with that guy and go for a comparison weekend

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A lot of discussion not much qua ding.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I may as well get the 500 post on here. Since this thread will be here for the 1000

Top Bottom