800 Can Am clutch springs

05Cummins

Reaction score
What are you guys using in your 800 outlander Xmr or std outy with 30 inch tires

I was thinking trying a tan dalton primary.

thought I would try that first

SKEGNSNOW

Reaction score
If U are keeping the 30's, buy a QSC kit or pick up a Dalton kit, and add a yellow/black dalton driven spring. The tan spring has the same engagement RPM as stock, but the same finishing rate as the green/yellow dalton. If U ride fast and hard get the dalton kit, if U crawl over stuff and trail ride alot, use the tan spring instead of the green/yellow spring that comes in the kit....

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dalton kit will not help and XMR as much as a std Outty. The XMR already has 6 Renny weights in the primary. The Dalton weights are exactly the same profile and weight (when empty) as a Renny weight.

I would add the yel/blk secondary spring, tan primary spring and run it....cheaper than buying the weights. (kit)

Last edited:

05Cummins

Reaction score
Well im going to try the tan primary and the yellow/black driven stock XMR weights see what that gets me.

Might look at getting both clutches machined

cookgio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the xmr comes with 30 silverbacks so you shouldn't have to do anything to the clutches unless you want better engagment or bottom end.

05Cummins

Reaction score
Come drive my XMR you will feel how lacking the POS Can Am clutching is.

ChinRat

Reaction score
Dalton with the heavy spring is fantastic in my outy, have 30's on with Gorilla axle's....thats a must with the clutch kit....you will snap your front end eventually. lots of fun last summer limping home in 2X4

FellOffMyRocker

Reaction score
The QSC clutch kits are far superior to the dalton setups for that machine. I have a few friends with outy 800's and the QSC kits just seam to engage smoother and make more power. If you have a few extra bucks laying around QSC just came out with a complete replacement clutch setup. It adapts a Polaris clutch to work in the outlander and it is pretty sick.

05Cummins

Reaction score
I am looking at the QSC replacment primary now.

thinking that will be the one i go with after alot of reading I dont think a guy can make the slipper clutch work aswell as I want.

Top Bottom