700 rhino power upgrades

herbey

Reaction score
so what are the best upgrades you can do to a 700 rhino? I guess I am asking what is your best bang for your buck so I am not to far behind the bigger UTVs. Thanks

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
so what are the best upgrades you can do to a 700 rhino? I guess I am asking what is your best bang for your buck so I am not to far behind the bigger UTVs. Thanks

I chipped my 660. Other than that I suppose clutching and exhaust.

herbey

Reaction score
Thanks,wondering more like a big bore kit aswel as chips ect

herbey

Reaction score
Thanks,has anyone tried one of their kits that you know of?

BIG DAWG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks,has anyone tried one of their kits that you know of?

yes we have an o8 rhino 700 and have the 734 trinity with a hotcams cam, muzzy's true dual exhaust, msd programmer,replacement air filter , we run 28" mud lite tires and have no problems rippin them even in the gnarliest mud we run an epi clutch kit but found we were destroying the wet clutch so then went back to stock springs in the wet clutch and a spacer in the primary to give you a lowr starting gear
however there is no replacement for displacement these mods did drastically liven up the machine as ours is a 4 seater
there is also stroker kits but lookin at a fair bit more $ the trinity kit is a completely new jug and a fairly simple weekend project

herbey

Reaction score
yes we have an o8 rhino 700 and have the 734 trinity with a hotcams cam, muzzy's true dual exhaust, msd programmer,replacement air filter , we run 28" mud lite tires and have no problems rippin them even in the gnarliest mud we run an epi clutch kit but found we were destroying the wet clutch so then went back to stock springs in the wet clutch and a spacer in the primary to give you a lowr starting gear
however there is no replacement for displacement these mods did drastically liven up the machine as ours is a 4 seater
there is also stroker kits but lookin at a fair bit more $ the trinity kit is a completely new jug and a fairly simple weekend project

Thanks,would you say you doubled your rwhp? I was told that it would double rwhp,wondering how true that is.

BIG DAWG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i dont know that i would say i doubled the rwhp however the plan is to get it in and dyno tuned but it was a drastic increase in power took it to where i believe the machine should of come stock and like i said this machine is a four seater so if one looses all the extra weight i am sure it would be that much better

herbey

Reaction score
Thanks for the info,keep us posted when you get it on a dyno.Very intrested on how that turns out.

scoobienorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ditch the box, biggest gain, and its free! second best was i went to utv inc. and got their bawler hauler clutch set up. its a machined sheave, lighter greaseless weights, and a secondary spring. worked phenomenal. i added an msd, didnt really do much for me, more top speed, i can go 70km/h in low range on my speedo. hit 94 downhill in hi, it had more but i backed out. i can go 85-90 on most trails.

herbey

Reaction score
Did the clutch set up give you any bottom end or just top end? I am a little slow i guess what do you mean by box? The dump box? Thx

scoobienorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the clutch set up gave me power everywhere, just solid gains everywhere, it also came with a shim for the primary clutch for bottom end. Clutch feels like stock, just works way better. Yes i meant taking the dump box off. i have a little hill billy flat deck to pack a cooler and a jerry can, and it takes me about a minute to switch it out if i need the box.

edit

and for what its worth, the clutch was under $400 with a new factory belt from utv inc. the msd ignition was just over $300 i believe, i wouldnt buy it again until i needed it( its also a fuel controller), but with my box off, rear suspension softened up to compensate, and the clutch work and msd most utvs have a hard time leaving me behind.

herbey

Reaction score
Scoobienorth I see your from Hudsons Hope I was told about some sand dunes around there,is there any truth to that?I was told there is a huge area you can ride in. Thx

scully

Reaction score
Scoobienorth, what weights did you go with and what tire size do you have? I just installed 28s and looking to do a clutch kit know. Thinking 17 with a shim? Sorry for hijacking herbey.

scoobienorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Scoobienorth I see your from Hudsons Hope I was told about some sand dunes around there,is there any truth to that?I was told there is a huge area you can ride in. Thx

yes there is a big area to ride it towards the big dam, id call it more like a huge sand and gravel pit, earlier in the year is awesome riding cause you can ride the beach at williston lake as well

scoobienorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Scoobienorth, what weights did you go with and what tire size do you have? I just installed 28s and looking to do a clutch kit know. Thinking 17 with a shim? Sorry for hijacking herbey.

they are 18g weights, i believe for bigger tires, going to the next heavier secondary spring, over what i have is maybe a good idea. utv inc is superb to deal with. they wont steer you wrong.

jigger

Reaction score
I'm currently running the MSD ECU, unleashed sheave and gold spring. I have a four seater with 27" XTR and hit 92 km/h. The MSD increases the stock RPM and helps you cruise at a lower RPM range. I'm going to try the new sheave from Hot Rod or James auto body info can be found on rhinoforums.net. If anyone wants to buy my unleashed sheave it will be for sale in a month or so. I'm just trying to get a bit more bottom end with the different sheave. the Unleashed sheave has been working great.

herbey

Reaction score
I was told by a buddy to run a EPI Mudder Clutch Kit for bottom end and a sheave for top end.Anyone running this combo?

BIG DAWG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was told by a buddy to run a EPI Mudder Clutch Kit for bottom end and a sheave for top end.Anyone running this combo?

i ran this clutch kit and took out 2 wet clutches in 1 season then switched back to the factory wet clutch springs and have 3000kms on since with no issues but also added a sheave spacer

BIG DAWG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

i ran this clutch kit and took out 2 wet clutches in 1 season then switched back to the factory wet clutch springs and have 3000kms on since with no issues but also added a sheave spacer

still running the weights and went 1 stiffer secondary spring yet

Top Bottom