700 Raptor Rattle

98sumitt

Reaction score
Hi guys,
My son took a '07 Raptor 700 for a test spin yesterday, as he is thinking about buying it. It is all stock and looks to be in great condition. He said it goes good but when you let off the throttle there's a heck of a rattle in it somewhere. Just wondering if anyone has any idea what the cause could be or has had any experience with this.
Also, are have these been fairly good, bullet proof engines or what have they been like? Obviously, since its used, who knows what has been done on it as far as regular maintenance etc but as far as appearance goes, it looks like the guy took care of the outside atleast.
Any input would be appreciated and thanks in advance.

psullivan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The rattle is probably a loose bolt or nut somewhere. If you change the oil and clean your air filter regularly, it should last forever.

Last edited:

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Take a look at the bolts holding the heat shrouds onto the pipe. I have had them come loose and rattle.

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check the fender bolts on the back fenders. That's what mine was doing and just the bolt that holds the fender tight was loose

psullivan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As with every quad they cause allot of vibration and you need to check your fasteners and tighten regularly. Failure to do so will result in threads stripping or holes will begin to ovate.

98sumitt

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Maybe I will look at it myself and check it out for the above mentioned items. How often do the valves etc need to be set?

98sumitt

Reaction score
Went for a spin and I think its just one of the chain rollers and rode another one and it sounded the same. Thanks for the input though.

Top Bottom