7' sled deck??

Mister Bee

Reaction score
I am thinking of buying a sled deck and was leaning toward the 7' deck because then I can still park in the garage with the deck on. I was wondering how many people have a 7' deck that use it for mountain sleds and if they think the deck is to short? Thanks.

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There's a ton of guys that are running them and happy with them. One of the guys at work told me he pulls his ski up pretty far on the headache rack to get a little more track on the deck, but I don't think most guys need to.

Stg2Suby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It works but there is enough track hanging off the back that the sled tends to walk off the back unless you strap it to the headache rack.

It's also really hard on the track lugs unless you put some kind of support under the back. I have some pieces of plywood with 2x2 screwed to it to help save the lugs.

Overall I kind of wish I had an 8' deck to avoid the extra hassles with the shorty.

Note that Marathon now makes a flip-over type extension that bolts on to make the 7' deck longer when you need. I think it's $500 and I might do it this year.

Note also that I highly recommend a 10' ramp instead of the older 6' + 3' style ramp because 9' ramp on a tall truck = pretty steep to load.

Attachments

• 154 on 7ft deck.JPG
    154 on 7ft deck.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 228

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
Deck extensions are the way to go. Marathon does have a flip up extension that retails for $495.00 and works on both the standard Marathon deck and the Marathon Lite deck. We are running a 7' deck on an 08 Ford Super Duty with an extension and it does fit in our garage.

deck extension.jpg
deck extension 1.jpg
050.jpg

If your interested pm us and we can work out a price for you.

Stg2Suby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So notice the angle of the skid in my photo (angled down) vs. Trax photo with the extension (skid flat).

With the short 7' deck the weight of the back of the machine is taken up by the center shock alone, causing the skid to angle down at rear which in turn causes the machine to want to move backward.

With the 8' deck the skid sits flat and there is no tendency for the sled to move back.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Depends on the length of the sled, that is only a 154". A 162" or so would be BAD. I am extremely glad I got a 8' instead of 7'. Don't think i'd like to haul my 162" on something so short, even the 8' is pushing it! Sure is a lot of extra coin to have the best of world worlds though, $500 :eek: Also have to consider, the shorter the deck, the better you need to be at loading. Because with a 7' as soon as the sled lands on the deck, your at the headache rack already. No room to be going to fast.

SC Carts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello Mister Bee

One of our company trucks had a 7' deck on it last season and we had no problem running 154"-155" sleds on it. It was nice not having the 8' over hang when the sleds were not on the truck. If you are running anything longer then a 155" I would suggest our 7' deck with our extension, or to go with our 8' deck. Let us know if you have any further questions.

Best regards

FLM Staff
Full Lotus Manufacturing -
info@full-lotus.com

Top Bottom