7 million plug-ins on the road by 2025

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It takes a lot of coal to make the steel for wind mills. Here is a read on Ontarios so called green initiative that is being shoved down your throats...and ours. For those that have concerns about this.

http://www.windontario.ca/

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In 10-20 years

• The Niagara Falls hydro generating stations are 100 years old, but wind turbines are good for only 10-20 years.
  • Each turbine construction consists of 800 tonnes of cement for support, approximately 250 tonnes of unrecyclable materials, 700 litres of hydraulic fuel and, 600 kilograms of rare earth metals. Multiply these numbers by 7700 and Ontario is facing a potential ecological conundrum.
  • The are no bonds posted to ensure these turbines will be dismantled at the end of their life cycle. It is estimated that a turbine, depending on size, will cost $400,000 to $1,000,000 to dismantle.
  • Given that wind companies are predominantly foreign, change ownership or, go bankrupt, it is quite realistic to expect 100′s or 1,000′s of dead turbines in 20 years and left standing.
  • This is happening already. Wind Companies usually don’t fix or dismantle broken turbines and, Ontario already has many non-functioning turbines.
    If companies won’t dismantle a couple of turbines now; what about the future ones?.
  • The Liberals have no plans as to where to dispose these materials, nor have indicated that wind companies will be responsible for the costs of building the landfill sites or depots.
  • One can only assume, that the cost to dispose 7700 turbines will be covered by the people of Ontario.
In 10-20 years, we could be faced with a landscape of old, rusted out, broken down turbines.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree it is a horrible site to see but with progress some things are unavoidable including oil wells in California and around the world. A dam is much nicer to see once the project is built and functioning compared to these energy sources.

main_1200.jpg

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you scroll down on that link I gave above, to human and environmental impact. The sub link as been gag as well .. not cool this is the gagged link.

Last edited:

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't worry your province is going to be full of them and your going to get first hand how good they are when your paying your electric bills.

Quite frankly power prices could quadruple and the effect on my power bill would be less than $10/month, all my bill is distribution fees.

Ontario (as many of your posts use for example) as usual can't spend government funds correctly, and this is no different. They have power plants in western Ontario that sit idle rough 320 days per year but are fully staffed 24/7 365 just in case they need the peaking load, oh and did i mention they run on wood pellets? The cost of the actual power produced is roughly $1600 per MW, or 53 times the current average power price in Alberta. Ontario's power disaster has more to do with extreme mismanagement than it does the actual cost of the generation. I know Notley and the NDP aren't examples of great managers but compared to your 2 morons they almost seem competent.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/thund...er-bay-atikokan-generating-stations-1.3349523

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am glad you took the time to read what your up against when the windmills start coming...scary. I read your article from the CBC even though I have a great dislike for a company receiving billions of tax pay dollars from the liberal government and not reporting news...honestly. Not sure how someone does not receive jail time over this.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe the electric car definitely has it's place, short work commute or downtown living, I understand it and is actually functional in those situations especially considering the majority of our population lives in a major center of some sort. However there was a news story on global awhile back about a couple charging their car in their buildings underground parking and the building shut them down. Have only seen a handful of charging stations and have always wondered what it costs to charge them via the charge station. Just assumed it's close to the price of gas lol

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am glad you took the time to read what your up against when the windmills start coming...scary. I read your article from the CBC even though I have a great dislike for a company receiving billions of tax pay dollars from the liberal government and not reporting news...honestly. Not sure how someone does not receive jail time over this.

Alberta already has 1425MW of installed wind capacity, and our cost of electricity is among the lowest in Canada, it definitely has its place, its when its forced down peoples throats and subsidies are so ridiculously high (like Ontario) that things get out of hand. When it is left for corporations to develop if they can make a profit is when the consumer wins.

But yes, i would love to see hundreds go to jail over the entire Ontario power disaster.

I believe the electric car definitely has it's place, short work commute or downtown living, I understand it and is actually functional in those situations especially considering the majority of our population lives in a major center of some sort. However there was a news story on global awhile back about a couple charging their car in their buildings underground parking and the building shut them down. Have only seen a handful of charging stations and have always wondered what it costs to charge them via the charge station. Just assumed it's close to the price of gas lol

Last time i looked the cost of energy for driving an electric car is roughly 25% to 50% of the cost of drive a gas powered car, of course depending on the model you drive.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BC's rates....well mine anyway. $58.51 for 2 months. BC is billed every 2 months at 8.5 cents kwh stage one power. So $29.25 for this month. I doubt any province is cheaper than ours. Unless these two clowns shut down site C dam.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
BC's rates....well mine anyway. $58.51 for 2 months. BC is billed every 2 months at 8.5 cents kwh stage one power. So $29.25 for this month. I doubt any province is cheaper than ours. Unless these two clowns shut down site C dam.

With no NG, our BCHydro bill for May and June of 2017 was $209.93 for 1950 kw. In June of 2003 it was $127.80 for 1823 kw.

Basic Charge: 58 days @ $0.18990/day = $11.01
Usage Charge:
Step 1: 1287 kwh@$0.08580/kwh = $110.42
Step 2: 536 kwh@$0.12870/kwh = $68.98
Rate Rider at 5% = 9.52
GST = $10.00

So that is lights, hot water, dish washer, small appliances, electric range top, and oven.

Is BCHydro cheap? I don't think so.

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine was over$1200, and no grow op

Haha. I deny I have a grow op too but sometimes I wonder if I should pay more attention to my neighbor :)

Ferniesnow: What is up with the two different rates? Do you have a peak rate charge and what times does it apply in?

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
8.5 a kw is cheap, 12.8 is not. But ferniesnow you were like I was before team power smart, which is free and works. Sign up for it, if you use 10% less power in a year you will get 50 dollars back now, you can see your power usage by the hour. First change your lights to led. Second you have to get rid of that electric hot water tank, maybe they still have money back for doing it I am not sure. Next, in the warm summer if you have a deck and a propane barbeque do more cooking on that. Your house will be cooler for it anyway. Next if it is just the two of you wash the dishes by hand. I guaranty you will get out of step 2 and your bill will be below 80 dollars. Swat... electric heat and motors draw lots of juice. That is why I am educated on electric cars ...so to speak.

Last edited:

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I withdraw my question. It is a charge for using more than 1350 kwh per month. Website is pretty clear unlike Alberta.

https://www.bchydro.com/accounts-billing/rates-energy-use/electricity-rates/residential-rates.html

With no NG, our BCHydro bill for May and June of 2017 was $209.93 for 1950 kw. In June of 2003 it was $127.80 for 1823 kw.

Basic Charge: 58 days @ $0.18990/day = $11.01
Usage Charge:
Step 1: 1287 kwh@$0.08580/kwh = $110.42
Step 2: 536 kwh@$0.12870/kwh = $68.98
Rate Rider at 5% = 9.52
GST = $10.00

So that is lights, hot water, dish washer, small appliances, electric range top, and oven.

Is BCHydro cheap? I don't think so.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is mine, I am nothing special it is available to everyone. Even has projected costs as you can see. power.jpg

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One more time we are billed every 2 months, not every month like alberta. There are tons more charts and data to compare lots of things. Use and electric drill or saws it will show how much that use in power. Plug in that electric car presto you know how much it cost to fill it up, want to overlay charts from previous years it is there.... You can now be power smart. To bad Trudeau, Alison Redford, knothead and our two clowns are not power smart.

Last edited:

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha. I deny I have a grow op too but sometimes I wonder if I should pay more attention to my neighbor :)

Ferniesnow: What is up with the two different rates? Do you have a peak rate charge and what times does it apply in?

For the first time since we have owned the house I ran the HVAC system constantly, that's the only thing I can think of. Had the camper plugged in but that shouldn't amount to that kind of power. BC hydro also charges extra if you live rural, and the also charge extra if you on a single line instead of loop coverage. I really cannot stand hydro, but there is no other choice so it is what it is

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You are so miss informed swat, I do not even know where to begin. 52weekbreak gave you a link he figured it out in 10 seconds ...my god. Site C, our country and Province our doomed. What the hell. I understand now why we wind up with all these morons running our country.

Last edited:
Top Bottom