670 turbo

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buddy in fortine mt runs a sled shop, I seen last year he had a old 670 turbo kit laying in a box, if your looking for another

i ran last year on pump fuel 600 miles and had no issues, and with out a intercooler...and ran very well, now that I have done some thinking, I feel I was lucky but also now know that it can be done and done safely
600miles isnt a lot. I know a guy that put over 6000kms on his boosted cat in one season... Linderman built motor. Took it apart still looked good. You wanna run pump gas well that's up to you.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No offense Fred. You probably have the nicest/most expensive sled on snow and mud. Why no intercooler and running cheap gas? Probably running purple? Farmers make no sense...lol

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So true it's up to what your after, but there is cars trucks and so on that run pump gas turbos, so it not new science

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So true it's up to what your after, but there is cars trucks and so on that run pump gas turbos, so it not new science

Yeah they don't run 12.5 to 1 or even 11to1 compression tho. I Run 18lbs on the wrx,, its 4stroke and has 9.4 to 1 compression. Sure lots of people run pump gas in there turbo 2 strokes... Maybe some even last more than a couple thousand miles? at 1.60 a liter av gas is cheap insurance IMO detonation destroys motors.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I could use farm fuel I would, but they don't sell 91 octane...lol, as for the inter cooler, it was not very efficient in testing and w/a I tried was clusterfkkk of a mess...

Sled makes good power at low boost, and until I need more, I'm happy, planning on adding a few gallons of av this year for those days you find the glory holes

Cost of sled was cheaper than you would think, but my hrs working on it was another story

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we got the 91 Purple here......everything but the turbo sleds get that! lol
If I could use farm fuel I would, but they don't sell 91 octane...lol, as for the inter cooler, it was not very efficient in testing and w/a I tried was clusterfkkk of a mess...

Sled makes good power at low boost, and until I need more, I'm happy, planning on adding a few gallons of av this year for those days you find the glory holes

Cost of sled was cheaper than you would think, but my hrs working on it was another story

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gave my turbo away LOL got 6 ish out of it but hopefully it gets used more at its new home. It was actually a fuel system by hymark which was way ahead of its time but it did work very well. Again the engine was built for boost,, non intercooled and we found the end of the rope on av gas which was 16lbs boost. But lived on 14lbs all day everyday LOL Rotary valve 2 strokes are the closest thing to boosting a 4 stroke you will find as you can mechanically control your intake timing. From what I understand Buck lake still has 10 or so kits in boxes

Deano

Top Bottom