670 turbo

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They work good, Post pics! The Rotary Valve design is way better for boost than Reed valves. IMO Turbo 670's are sweet. 200hp ish

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I remember I built a few turbo 670 in the ski-doo shop I worked in back in 97 but left in 98 and didn't know what life was on them.......I thought it was a great engine to add boost.......

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had one for three years I will never forget, big boost and long pulls were not your Freind, and then came clutching... What a night mare...

There was three of us that buck lake bob sold us back then and it seamed to be a night mare for us all... But they did close to 190 hp when working good...

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive seen Bob's Turbo kits in action back in the day, Blowing over Turbo Hill in Revy. I,ll say 2things tho 1- people have been turboing Carbed sleds along time now. Back in 97 it was pretty new. It's come a ways. 2 kinda have to be a gear head to keep the things running right IMO. If you don't like wrenching a carbed Turbo isn't for you. Ask Deano on here about his. He had real nice one for sale on here last year.

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how much was he selling it for? what is a nice turbo 670 worth? it is a ZX with everything powder coated......
Ive seen Bob's Turbo kits in action back in the day, Blowing over Turbo Hill in Revy. I,ll say 2things tho 1- people have been turboing Carbed sleds along time now. Back in 97 it was pretty new. It's come a ways. 2 kinda have to be a gear head to keep the things running right IMO. If you don't like wrenching a carbed Turbo isn't for you. Ask Deano on here about his. He had real nice one for sale on here last year.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't quote me but think around 8g?? Maybe it was only 5? don't really rember. He had converted in to fuel injection. Real nice sled.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think good gas is key for any 2stroke turbo. Pump gas and 2stroke turbo's are bad new IMO even at low boost. Especially if you engine is stock.

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Keep the stock 670 so you still have something to ride when the turbo 670 "malfunctions".
Carbs and turbos on a 2stroke are a good way to spend money.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buddy in fortine mt runs a sled shop, I seen last year he had a old 670 turbo kit laying in a box, if your looking for another

i ran last year on pump fuel 600 miles and had no issues, and with out a intercooler...and ran very well, now that I have done some thinking, I feel I was lucky but also now know that it can be done and done safely

Top Bottom