670 track questions

Reaction score
I am also wondering about this. I just picked up a 98 670x and want to extend the track. Found a guy with a 151 that he will sell cheap. Do I need to do anything to my tunnel for a 151?

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The stock tunnel extension from the Y2K stuff (highmark) bolts on, no idea if Doo still makes them or not. Try to get a camoplast track vs the crappy doo one if u can.

Reaction score
The stock tunnel extension from the Y2K stuff (highmark) bolts on, no idea if Doo still makes them or not. Try to get a camoplast track vs the crappy doo one if u can.

So what I would need to pull this off would be a 151 track (obviously,) tunnel extension, rail extension, and a 8 tooth drivers.

That it?

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So what I would need to pull this off would be a 151 track (obviously,) tunnel extension, rail extension, and a 8 tooth drivers.

That it?

That would be the cheap way to do it yes.
A D/R would be better as would sliding the skid back. Both make for a much better approach angle and help the sled get up on the snow. I've got the rail extensions and tunnel wings to do the skid setback, have extensions for 151 or 159. Sell cheep.

Reaction score
That would be the cheap way to do it yes.
A D/R would be better as would sliding the skid back. Both make for a much better approach angle and help the sled get up on the snow. I've got the rail extensions and tunnel wings to do the skid setback, have extensions for 151 or 159. Sell cheep.
Where are you located?

I would take the rail extensions and tunnel extension off ya.

How much more of a pain in the ass is the skid set back? I am mechanically inclined but I am new to the sled game.

Also I was thinking of saving some cash and sticking with the 9 tooth driver and just trimming my track if I have to.

Today I ordered a new crank seal and drive belt for the sled. Pulled the clutch today and realized that there was bit of the old belt that got thrown in between the clutch and the crank case and ****ed my left seal (done by previous owner.)

Got the sled for 750 bucks and it will be a running sled in a few days for under $1000

Will post pics soon. Thanks for all the track help.

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just have tunnel reinforcements to double up the skid where the new bolts are and extensions to fit either a 151 or 159 (have both). Tunnel extension maybe BRP if not have to go aftermarket.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am also wondering about this. I just picked up a 98 670x and want to extend the track. Found a guy with a 151 that he will sell cheap. Do I need to do anything to my tunnel for a 151?

Had a 151 on my 99. First off 2" fits with 9 tooth drivers. Did on mine no issues
Second tunnel does not need to be extended to clear just run a strap from your bumper to hold up The snow flap a bit so it doesn't catch on suspension compression. That's the way mind was done but I opted for an extension later on however not needed if trying to do on a budget
One Of the best mods for these sleds for sure.

Have a roller secondary and Polaris primary for this sled if interested pm me for details

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a 151 on my 99. First off 2" fits with 9 tooth drivers. Did on mine no issues
Second tunnel does not need to be extended to clear just run a strap from your bumper to hold up The snow flap a bit so it doesn't catch on suspension compression. That's the way mind was done but I opted for an extension later on however not needed if trying to do on a budget
One Of the best mods for these sleds for sure.

Have a roller secondary and Polaris primary for this sled if interested pm me for details

If you try and run a real 2' track with the 9 tooth, not the Doo 151, it will be a fire hazard with the track rubbing on the bulkhead at high speed or if it's not piano wire tight. I dunno maybe your sled was special.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The x models had clearance. Non x didn't
Different chassis. I had plenty of room and track was as loose as it could go without skipping on extrovert drivers
Js

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dunno then. I've done a drop and roll in a F chassis which is the standard bulkhead used on the S chassis as well as my 99 Summit X chassis. Same chaincases etc. used.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The x models had clearance. Non x didn't
Different chassis. I had plenty of room and track was as loose as it could go without skipping on extrovert drivers
Js

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is how much clearance you have in a X chassis with a small drop and roll, I think it was one inch down and one inch back. Camo 2" track and 9 tooth drivers. It's still a little tight for really good snow evacuation but about as much as you can get without putting the jackshaft in the tunnel or using a custom chaincase. They didn't really have enough clearance to work well with a 1.75, let alone a 2". My opinion of course.

Attachments

• clrnc.jpg
    clrnc.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 90

JBDoo

Reaction score
The X chassis was identical to the standard Summit and the older F chassis. I've done 6 drop and rolls on that chassis. The Xs had milled down 9 tooth drivers and it made the 1 3/4" track JUST fit. If you got a 2" on there it would have been so close that I'm sure the track wore it's own clearance, plus lots of 2" tracks weren't really a full 2". On a side note I still have the drop and roll templates if somebody is running the old school F and S chassis, they can come copy the plates.

Top Bottom