670 clutch whistle

skihondripper

Reaction score
I have a 98 Summit 670 X and i shredded a belt this weekend. I put a new belt on and when the sled is at idle, the belt makes a screeching/whistling noise. It is coming from the primary clutch and the belt rubbing together. The sled is also "walking" when it is at an idle. I know this is from the belt and primary clutch touching, but the primary clutch is all the way open and there is a small gap like the belt isn't sitting down completely on the base of the primary clutch. I checked the belt as well and it is the same model number as the previous belt that I bought from the Ski-Doo dealer. Is there an adjustment that needs to take place with this new belt? I have put 3,000 miles on this sled and replaced multiple belts on it and have never had this problem. I also just had the 2ndary clutch rebuilt at the beginning of the season. Any suggestions?

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You need to set your belt deflection. Here is a link to the section of the service manual that talks about belt deflection.

Belt Deflection

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
you need to set your belt deflection. Here is a link to the section of the service manual that talks about belt deflection.

belt deflection

yup, what he said.... Check engine alignment and the torque rod adjuster, and then adjust the secondary clutch and you should be good to go............. But before you do all this, double check you have the proper belt..... Quite often the belt might be one size different and not quite the same, and this will happen.....

Top Bottom