600 RMK Smoking

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How much smoke should an 03 era 600 rmk produce out of the pipe? I noticed my oil pump lever was sticking full open when the throttle was let off, so I rectified the situation and now it runs smooth with the throttle. But I seem to be producing a fair bit of smoke out the pipe, seems to have a bit of oil on the plugs aswell. Is there an adjustment on the pump besdies the cable?

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How much smoke should an 03 era 600 rmk produce out of the pipe? I noticed my oil pump lever was sticking full open when the throttle was let off, so I rectified the situation and now it runs smooth with the throttle. But I seem to be producing a fair bit of smoke out the pipe, seems to have a bit of oil on the plugs aswell. Is there an adjustment on the pump besdies the cable?

Just the cable you have to make sure the match marks are lined up for the proper oil consumption and as far as how much smoke out the pipe, do you mean when you are riding or just idling?

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What match marks are you talkin about? Do you have a picture to explain?. And I'm talkin about idling and just short throttle blips on a stand.

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
What match marks are you talkin about? Do you have a picture to explain?. And I'm talkin about idling and just short throttle blips on a stand.

Look on the side of the oil pump..... On the pipe side. After yer correction, It will take a bit of time to clean things up... Take it for a rip & open her up !

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Look at the oil pump where the cable to attaches to it, it should have a round looking piece it has match marks on it and match mark on the pump, adjust your cable to align the match marks at a idle.

Top Bottom