6 friends 12 sleds 13+ diffrent areas. "THE TOUR"

Boostmonkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think anyone is gonna give away there honey hole spots. :). If chatter is on the sure a great spot. Give yourself a solid 1.5 hrs drive just to the parking lot. If you own a big trailer get there early or you will be riding gravel.

I understand when sledder’s find a sweat spot to ride we all would like to keep it to ourselves but were not looking to take over anyone’s sledding location, Most of us live and work in northern Alberta and we just want to get out and ride a few new places, None of us ride very much from Dec-Mar. April is the month we all spend chasing snow.

Around Sicamous i would go to Blue Lake, ive never been there but have frinds who love it. Also Owlhead in Sicamous is another great place, ive been there. In Blue river ive ony rode Red Sands and it was great, it would have been better if it was sunny but it was steep and deep as they say!

Thanks for you input.

When you hit barriere/clearwater/blue river hit me with a msg, i gots a few spots in each area that i know fairly well. I take cash and or any major cc ;)

lol, how about some food and a chance to meet and ride with a good group of friends who love the sport?

I want to come!!!!

I am always looking to meet and ride with other people. that being said if you have your own way to get there and back feel free to tag along as we have 2 trucks with decks and are both pulling 4 place trailers no room for any other sleds, we are all taking back-up sleds just in case.
Sorry.

Boostmonkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's a fair drive from Calgary but one of my favourite trips every year is to Cooke City. There is nothing better than arriving at the hotel and throwing your truck keys in the corner. Truck is parked for however long you are there. Ride to the restaurant, pub, gas station etc. The riding area is so close you can even come back to town for a hot lunch!

Edited
misread the initial post, sorry about that. Thought you were looking for a new area.

No problem, a few of the guys in the group have been there and they agree but we are going to stick to the loop we have planded this year.

Boostmonkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You forgot the Torpy between Prince George and McBride and Smithers, north of Prince George by 4 hrs and totally worth the drive :)

Nope didn't forget, I didnt know about it lol. Thank you I will look into it.

Cough cough Torpy sucks there is no snow there. lots of stumps, and ruff trail

Come on dont be like that. help us out please.

Same old same old Those places are great but Crowded if you want some sweet riding keep going .Subola,Ryans Ridge,Sinclair All the way to The biggest and never ending mountains in Stewart B.C That my friends would be a trip big hills not big crowds.

Thank you, I dont now anything about them areas. We have all rode Stewart and Terrace. but as I have said we want to keep out current game plan. If you use google maps and type the list in order it make a nice loop for all of us to end up back home.

And then keep going north up to Haines! Well worth the trip!

Never herd about that place either. Hmmm maybe next season we will have to head up that way and ride into Alaska as well.

Boostmonkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not much for good mountain riding in Salmon Arm. Hit Sicamous instead. Depending on the riding abilities of your crew, Eagles Pass is something you should check out. sledsicamous.com is the website for the 4 mountains in Sicamous.

Perfect, Thank you very much just the kind of info we are looking for. Not just the name but info as well
:ThumbsupMsn:

Boostmonkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check out Lumberton when you come to Cranbrook. That is maintained by the local club and it's got groomed trails as well as cutlines and steep hills. Lots of snow too. The turnoff for Lumberton is about 15 mins west of Cranbrook along the Main Moyie Forest Service Road. More info: Snowmobiling in Cranbrook, BC | SnoRiders.

Thank you very much, Rep going up.

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Same old same old Those places are great but Crowded if you want some sweet riding keep going .Subola,Ryans Ridge,Sinclair All the way to The biggest and never ending mountains in Stewart B.C That my friends would be a trip big hills not big crowds.

And then keep going north up to Haines! Well worth the trip!

and there is Cassiar between these two

Boostmonkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Um yes that is me in the Avatar, doing what I believe is referred to as the "Calgary Roll" to get unstuck. The roll works every time!

Good to know; now I can use it to show all my flat lander buddy’s how to ride in complex terrain with big snow.

LMAO

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If youre interested in coming down to Creston I would be happy to take you guys out. Some amazing riding here. It is definitely a little "tougher", as there is quite a bit of tight tree riding to get into some areas. But not many people come here, and there are probably only 30-40 sledders in the valley so there is ALWAYS awesome, untouched snow to be found.

PM me if you guys want to venture out this way. That goes for anyone else that wants to come out this way. Always love riding with new people.

Boostmonkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If youre interested in coming down to Creston I would be happy to take you guys out. Some amazing riding here. It is definitely a little "tougher", as there is quite a bit of tight tree riding to get into some areas. But not many people come here, and there are probably only 30-40 sledders in the valley so there is ALWAYS awesome, untouched snow to be found.

PM me if you guys want to venture out this way. That goes for anyone else that wants to come out this way. Always love riding with new people.

Thank you, Thats what were looking for a little local help.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There's no snow in Clearwater or Barriere but let me know and maybe I can show you a few spots that get a little lol.

powderhoundbrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Aren't the vast majority of areas around Creston closed now for Caribou habitat. There is a lot of red on the map indicating Roads and Cutblocks only all around Creston.

Boostmonkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Aren't the vast majority of areas around Creston closed now for Caribou habitat. There is a lot of red on the map indicating Roads and Cutblocks only all around Creston.

Thank you for this post. This kind of info is very important, last thing anyone wants to do is give them greenies more ammo.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Nope. We have a few closure areas, but WAY more that isnt closed. Tonnes of good riding available. Our club just met with the senior wildlife biologist in the area. Apparently breeding/migration paths have changed since the original agreements were signed. We are now entering discussions to "trade" closed areas for areas that the caribou are now using. We are just waiting on updated maps from the biologist to see what areas they want, and which they are willing to give. And obviously we arent going to make any decisions or commitments before consulting with neighboring clubs, and the ABCSC. It is great to have our relationships with key decision makers developed to the point where we are involved with any of these decisions.

One more reason to go out with a local....to make sure you dont accidentally go into the wrong areas. Like I said before, I would be more than happy to ride with anyone and show them around.

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you decide to try the Torpy near PG on your way thru McBride to Powder King, we can help you out. Smithers area (Microwave, Onion, Star Basin, Sinclair, and others) is also in our regular riding area, so we would be happy to hook you up or even take you if timing works out. We have yet to get up to Powder King tho, so can't help you there...

Top Bottom