6 friends 12 sleds 13+ diffrent areas. "THE TOUR"

Boostmonkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well we have a basic plan, what I need from you guys and gals are the must hit ridding spots in a few of the places none of us have been too. I will give you guys the list of towns in the order we were thinking,
than I would love input from the people who ride in the places we dont know.

Here it is:

Chatter creek April 6th (First day open to snowmobilers as per there web site)
Sparwood (A few of the guys know this area well so were good)
Cranbroke-Creston-Castlegar (No idea where to go and were not to)
Castlegar to Nakusp (No idea where to go and were not to)
Nakusp to Revy (a little bit but would like help)
Revy (were good, all have been there lots)
Revy-Sicamous-Salmon Arm (Input needed)
Salmon Arm-Barriere (No idea where to go and were not to)
Barriere-Clearwater-Blue River (No idea where to go and were not to)
Blue River-Valmount (No idea where to go and were not to)
Valmount (little bit)
McBride (good)
McBride-Mackenzie (good)
Mackenzie (good)
Mackenzie-Powder king (Know it very well)
Powder king-Chetwynd (Know it very well)
Chetwynd-Tumbler (Know it very well)

Ya it is going to be ledgen wait for it...... dary (lol love that show)

Thank you in advance.

To save time and a bunch of stupid post:

WE ARE ALL VERY EXPERIENCED MOUNTAIN RIDERS, Most of the group are from BC and have been ridding for 20+ yrs. If you don’t want to help out a group of fellow riders looking to try out new ridding areas that’s fine, Just move on to a different thread and bash people, brands and do whatever it is you do on here…

Last edited:

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think anyone is gonna give away there honey hole spots. :). If chatter is on the sure a great spot. Give yourself a solid 1.5 hrs drive just to the parking lot. If you own a big trailer get there early or you will be riding gravel.

m7 carver

Reaction score
Around Sicamous i would go to Blue Lake, ive never been there but have frinds who love it. Also Owlhead in Sicamous is another great place, ive been there. In Blue river ive ony rode Red Sands and it was great, it would have been better if it was sunny but it was steep and deep as they say!

C of Red

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's a fair drive from Calgary but one of my favourite trips every year is to Cooke City. There is nothing better than arriving at the hotel and throwing your truck keys in the corner. Truck is parked for however long you are there. Ride to the restaurant, pub, gas station etc. The riding area is so close you can even come back to town for a hot lunch!

Edited
misread the initial post, sorry about that. Thought you were looking for a new area.

Last edited:

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You forgot the Torpy between Prince George and McBride and Smithers, north of Prince George by 4 hrs and totally worth the drive :)

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You forgot the Torpy between Prince George and McBride and Smithers, north of Prince George by 4 hrs and totally worth the drive :)
Same old same old Those places are great but Crowded if you want some sweet riding keep going .Subola,Ryans Ridge,Sinclair All the way to The biggest and never ending mountains in Stewart B.C That my friends would be a trip big hills not big crowds.

old mountain man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Same old same old Those places are great but Crowded if you want some sweet riding keep going .Subola,Ryans Ridge,Sinclair All the way to The biggest and never ending mountains in Stewart B.C That my friends would be a trip big hills not big crowds.
And then keep going north up to Haines! Well worth the trip!

powderpilot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like an awesome adventure!!! Let me know when you're coming through Castlegar, I will definitely point you in the right direction. We have some pretty complex terrain out here, always good to have local knowledge. Play safe :)

Free Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not much for good mountain riding in Salmon Arm. Hit Sicamous instead. Depending on the riding abilities of your crew, Eagles Pass is something you should check out. sledsicamous.com is the website for the 4 mountains in Sicamous.

Brian D.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hmmm a big group of flat landers heading to areas with complex terrain and big snow. What could go wrong.....:rolleyes:

They could catch you rollin' a fattie with one hand and the other down your pants thinkin' bout yer cousin..............oh, sorry I guess I was stereotyping........my mistake.

Last edited:
Top Bottom