6.7 ford deletes

new24stroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How many people are running the dpf deletes on the ford 6.7. What about the egr?

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have both done. One on a F550 service truck and a F350. Working great with no issues. F350 has been done since 2011, F550 for year and a half.

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 6.7 is done....totally different truck. I went with the H&S Mini Max, full exhaust, and left the air intake stock. Sounds awesome, pulls like a freight train.

new24stroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im looking at a 2011 with 151000km. The guy says its deleted except for the egr. He says he doesn't have the programer for it .

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
No programmer? U need one. He'll have to buy u a new programmer, or deduct off price. Lots of options and programmers for those available

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

new24stroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He said he believes it has the h&s xtr pro as there is no sensors in the exhaust. He said if it was a live wire tuner the sensor would be there. And once the truck has been programmed there's no more need for a tuner unless you want to set a different hp setting. Right now it's running a stock tune. Does any of this make sense. I,m used to my 6.0l

new24stroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With the h&s xtr pro do you leave it hooked up all the time or just down load it to the factory ECM

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Xrt pro is a downloaded.... Just download, unplug and run.... Trouble is if you ever need a new ecu or need an upgraded Ford reburn into your ecu, u would lose your chip. That's why u keep your chip tuner.

bingo1010

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2013 and have wanted to do it for a while, last time i checked the mini max was around $1200 ( when i bought my truck) i just looked the other day and they are around $1700 now,.... Wtf?!?!?! I am also worried about the turbo piling up and dumping crap into my motor. Is $1700 the going rate now and if so why has the price jumped so much??

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
It's about average price... Xt pro is a little cheaper. Most turbos failing due to "hot shutdown" .... Just take your time when u first start or go to shut down your truck, let it idle for few seconds before shutting down. I used to give it about 10 seconds, especially if coming off hiway. Turbo could be doing several hundred thousand rpm' and if shutdown right away, turbo still spinning with no more oil supply. That's what's called "hot shutdown". Damages turbo bearings and can result in catastrophic damage

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Price on tuners took a dramatic jump last January as a result of the U.S. Epa regulators, disallowing sales in the states .... Prices for tuners jumped as a result.

new24stroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like I'm pulling the trigger on a 2011 f350 with 95000km. I'm going to leave it stock and add extra warranty.

Kelso

Reaction score
170,000km on mine with deletes done aound 96,000km due to def failure. I usually run mid power (street/100hp) and low/tow/50hp when towing the trailer or even sled up on the deck. I always let it cool down before shutdown, I have a 2 minute turbo timer function in my Compustar remote starter if I'm in a hurry. No related issues (many unrelated...)
I am glad I did it, but wouldn't pay to replace good working or warranty items.
Engine and tranny seem really stout :)

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
170,000km on mine with deletes done aound 96,000km due to def failure. I usually run mid power (street/100hp) and low/tow/50hp when towing the trailer or even sled up on the deck. I always let it cool down before shutdown, I have a 2 minute turbo timer function in my Compustar remote starter if I'm in a hurry. No related issues (many unrelated...)
I am glad I did it, but wouldn't pay to replace good working or warranty items.
Engine and tranny seem really stout :)

tuner /exhaust / erg delete ?

Kelso

Reaction score
tuner /exhaust / erg delete ?
H&S MiniMax tuner, AFE 4" with muffler and single 6" tip, EGR disabled and EGT plate installed but cooler still in place. You can install one of the old exhaust temp sensors in the EGT plate and egr plug and configure programmer to read it as EGT.
I think you HAVE to disable/delete the EGR if you are doing the exhaust deletes.

Keep your defuel values to a safe level and ALWAYS use the cold coolant defuel to ensure stock tuning until up to operating temp. I'm set to 160F, then it ups the power level automatically.

Transporter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Havnt read anywhere the delete increases fuel economy on the 6.7. It does allow you to run higher hp tunes. Im running h@s without delete and more than happy with results.

Top Bottom