5th Wheel Hitch recommendations

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh I forgot to say it has color coded notches to tell you what position it is in. I have had a couple times where it hasn't locked in fully because of the angle I'm at and knew right away because of the color codes.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't have a 5th wheel but I have the mounts in my truck. They run across the box and I hate them! Can't sweep dirt out of the box or even wash it out. And sliding stuff in and out sucks to. Get the ones that have the mounts running length ways.

Ps if anyone wants free mounts you can have mine just you have to unbolt them

Your choice of hitch is limited with those bars. My truck had them when I bought it but I ended up taking them out and installing Reese bars

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I like my Curtis hitch. I knew I would be going off road and into ditches etc so I got a hitch that will pivot 360 degrees not just back and forward or the dual pivot. A lot easier on the truck and trailer. I only have to move it twice each year. Take it out in the fall and reinstall in the spring. It comes apart in two pieces so it is easier and lighter to do so. I think with the rails and all in I paid 1300.

Oh I forgot to say it has color coded notches to tell you what position it is in. I have had a couple times where it hasn't locked in fully because of the angle I'm at and knew right away because of the color codes.
Do you remember where you got it installed? That's a good price for new

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bringing up an old thread...... We might be getting a 5th wheel holiday trailer and would need a hitch. So would like to ask a couple of questions, as I don't know much about this.
1. Who is B&W and where can they be found?
2. What are your thoughts on used and what to look for?
3. Would you pay to install it, or just do it yourself? I have access to a shop and lift and have an idea of what I'm doing

Its going to go in my 05 F350, and not going to be used a lot. Kind of why I'm thinking of going used.....

I have two Hijacker hitches. They are both in good shape. I had them in a couple of 2005 superdutys like yours. I just kept them when we sold the trucks. You would have to buy rails. I think they are about 250 bucks. I haven't used them in about five years and the use on them was light. I went with B&W so I could get rid of the rails in the box. pm me for the Doug friend price.

http://www.viantp.com/NTPVIA_Resources/Insight/HJKR-24-UL-16.htm it looks like this one

Last edited:

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have two Hijacker hitches. They are both in good shape. I had them in a couple of 2005 superdutys like yours. I just kept them when we sold the trucks. You would have to buy rails. I think they are about 250 bucks. I haven't used them in about five years and the use on them was light. I went with B&W so I could get rid of the rails in the box. pm me for the Doug friend price.

http://www.viantp.com/NTPVIA_Resources/Insight/HJKR-24-UL-16.htm it looks like this one
Thank you for the good guy price Dean and throwing in the handle bars :D

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Jacky's brother is thinking about buying a new 5th and want to give his little sister his old one, which is around a 2012 and 30'

Who am I to say "no" to free....... Would have to sell my bumper pull than, don't need 2 holiday trailers on the driveway..... Or buy some land in BC and park one, might be an option too

Last edited:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Jacky's brother is thinking about buying a new 5th and want to give his little sister his old one, which is around a 2012 and 30'

Who am I to say "no" to free....... Would have to sell my bumper pull than, don't need 2 holiday trailers on the driveway..... Or buy some land in BC and park one, might be an option too
Cedars campground is selling lots, 34900

Last edited by a moderator:

troy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 24 K curt with the slider option as my oneton is a short box . I like it because it has indicators showing if the hitch is locked or not . Plus looking at the hitch from the rear of the truck you can see the hitch totally grasped the trailer hitch pin 100% all the way around . Seems to have less movement back and forth compared to the Reese I had before
I bought mine with the roller rather than buying the two separate part numbers

Last edited:
Top Bottom