5th Wheel Hitch recommendations

Squiggy

Reaction score
Looking at getting into a new 5th Wheel trailer. Just looking for some advice on what would be a good hitch to go with and best place to buy either in central Alberta or Edmonton Area. The trailer I am looking at is 36feet, Dry weight is approximately 10800lbs and hitch weight is around 1800lbs. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

steve250f

Reaction score
I just had hitch done at abc muffler and hitch in edmonton very happy with their service an knowledge about their products

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if money is not a concern, trailer saver or airsafe are the best on the market. both are air ride, but not cheap.

nast70

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Always loved my DSP, the crew at the Hitch House always make room and are very knowlegable. I also know that the Curt's are very good, but very heavy, so if you use your truck for other things and will be removing your hitch periodically, keep the weight in mind.
If you're not familiar with the term 'high hitching' check out the 'Open Roads Forum' and see why newbies should maybe stay away from jaw type heads, and go with draw bar styles. More information is never a bad idea.

MXRACER

Reaction score
Just had a CURT Q20 installed in the new Dodge 3500 and it works well towing the toyhauler. Supposed to stand up to wear and tear better with the powder coated frame and head unlike the painted ones that rust immediately. Had it installed at PJ Trailers in Leduc.

brutematt750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's a pic of the one I had installed last November at the hitch depot in red deer.
The guy talked me up into this one and so far I'd say its been worth the free extra bucks. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374689071.403134.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while working extremely hard

Squiggy

Reaction score
All good information, thanks guys. I was thinking a Reese but heard today from a couple places they have had recalls and issues with them lately. Going to explore the curt Q20 sounds like a better option for the same money as the Reese. Thanks for the tip on the forum Nast70.

brutematt750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Raven in red deer deals with the curt hitches

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while working extremely hard

Captjacksparrow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a dual pivot Reese and it works great! I also run a Sidewinder because I haul a 42' fifth toyhauler with short box Mega Cab. I can turn over 90 degrees with it. Thousands and thousands of kliks with no issues!

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pull rite is the only hitch to buy hands down the best hitch on the market auto slides when you turn 10 degrees so you don't take out your cab corners

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just stupid $$$ thou I was quoted $4800 with pull rite rails???
$3500 with standard rails
These are installed dodge mega cab prices. As per norm dodge is harder to install than the rest.

-lenny-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would like a Pull Rite Superglide, but I can't justify the $$$ for the novelty. I had a 16k Hitchhiker manual slider in my last truck, and never needed it. My trailer is fairly heavy, I wouldn't want to put any more side stress on those axles. For this truck I am going to go with the B&W Companion. Gives me gooseneck and 5th wheel capability, no rails, and less than half the $$$ and weight of the pull rite.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got my pullrite 18k last week. 3100 with tax, wired in box and plate for trailer. installed at Hitch Depot on north end. good guys there I'd never go anywhere else

Scuba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
B&W or Reese Elite that have under bed rail systems get my vote. My truck has factory ford 5th wheel package and i have a B&W puck 5th wheel hitch and love it.

NORDIC

Reaction score
B & W turn over ball in my last two trucks with the fifth wheel companion. Recommend to anyone! Great product! Great Price!

Top Bottom