50cc scooters

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Anybody know anything about 50cc scooters? Good? Bad? Ugly? The kid wants one cause he can ride around town without a license.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody know anything about 50cc scooters? Good? Bad? Ugly? The kid wants one cause he can ride around town without a license.
If you can find a good shape, older Honda, he can keep it for a few years and maybe even make money.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have friends that ride them around in Revelstoke. Good for around town. Buddy has a yamaha, they are pretty much bullet proof.

Cheap on gas, you can get big bore kits and exhaust for them too if you ever want a bit more jam.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have friends that ride them around in Revelstoke. Good for around town. Buddy has a yamaha, they are pretty much bullet proof.

Cheap on gas, you can get big bore kits and exhaust for them too if you ever want a bit more jam.
I ported and put a pipe on a yamaha 2stroke scooter a few years back. It would do about 85km/hr after lol.

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the rule 30 years ago was a person could drive them with a learners licence on the streets if they were under 50cc . So a few buddies had them at 14 and drove them around St. Albert when I was young.

I wouldn’t want my kid driving one in Edmonton or on any road with the speed limit above 60. Be ok around stony or something. But it’s only a matter of time until they are trying to jump it at the skate park! 🤟

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Battery Boss in Red Deer sells these. No license required. They can rebuild all the batteries for the daymak brand so your not stuck with a paper weight when the batteries crap out.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
There's a couple of people at our campsite that have the electric scooters. Plug them in for a few hours and good for the week of cruising.
I tried one of them and I was pretty impressed, for what it is.
Thinking about getting the wife an electric one, once we're doing moving and settled in a little

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
naw
1680804555840.png

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buddy of mine had an 03 when we were kids in Peace River... had a blast on it.... Sweet yellow and black one.

Top Bottom