509 Goggles Minor Problem

Whitetail7

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
I have a small problem. Took my helmet out of storage and found that the quick release for my 509 goggles detached from my helmet. The velcro is still fine, but the "sticky" pad where the goggles attach came off. Funny thing is the pad is still attached to the helmet, but the goggles strap came off the sticky pad. Any recommendations on a quick fix to get riding again soon? Should I just maybe use crazy glue to re-attach the strap to the sticky pad on the helmet? Not sure what other options I might have.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you can buy quick strap replacement parts for both velcro and plastic post attachments

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I tried the heat method on mine plus glued it once. Finally got sick of dealing with riding without goggles and went back to a regular strap.

thunder44

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Try Gorilla glue. I have used it on quite a few helmets for the same reason and it's still holding.

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Double sided carpet tape. Done this with a couple of helmets now. Still removable if you ever want to take em off. Crazy Glue is permanent :beer:

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I used so type of crazy glue and it ate my helmet away! I would be careful what type of glue I used. I would just go bye the replacement parts.

firstplaceparts

Reaction score
When I first bought a pair of quick straps in Cooke City the guy used a file to file down the small tabs that go on the goggles, they are just to tight from the factory. If you think about it they pull on and off really hard, but once they are on, were are they going to go. Don't file a lot just enough to make them go on and off easy.

I've run them both ways, when I'm to busy to file them, and the ones I don't file always come off the helmet. And yes you can buy new helmet buttons, here is a link:

Quick Strap Buttons

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
you can buy quick strap replacement parts for both velcro and plastic post attachments

I used so type of crazy glue and it ate my helmet away! I would be careful what type of glue I used. I would just go bye the replacement parts.

When I first bought a pair of quick straps in Cooke City the guy used a file to file down the small tabs that go on the goggles, they are just to tight from the factory. If you think about it they pull on and off really hard, but once they are on, were are they going to go. Don't file a lot just enough to make them go on and off easy.

I've run them both ways, when I'm to busy to file them, and the ones I don't file always come off the helmet. And yes you can buy new helmet buttons, here is a link:

Quick Strap Buttons

Three smart answers IMHO!

I have packages of the replacement stickers and use them regularly.

Top Bottom