CKX Helmet Goggle Straps ?

+SLEDWRECKS+

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone running one of these CKX helmets and using different goggles ? Their website only shows the straps to fit on their own goggle which has a clip onto the goggle frame.

I pick the carbon titan up a few weeks ago, and just wondering where to pick up some quick straps for my Zeals ?
Most quick straps have the velcro on one side, so maybe a guy can drill out a hole on the QS to fit the existing mounts on the helmet ? As these have a mounted post on both sides.

Or just rip them off all together and go old school....

507059.jpg QS40.jpg

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup .. I purchased the Titan Airflow and 2 pair of googles. Rode 2 weeks ago for few days with new setup and worked awesome.... say good bye to that junk 509 chit. I won’t spend another dime on 509.

i know you’re asking a different question but the CKX googles work amazing!!!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I popped off the quick strap post on the left and attached a piece of velcro. Works great for my Oakleys.

If they have changed their googles on the CKX that is good because the older ones were junk.

Last edited:

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone running one of these CKX helmets and using different goggles ? Their website only shows the straps to fit on their own goggle which has a clip onto the goggle frame.

I pick the carbon titan up a few weeks ago, and just wondering where to pick up some quick straps for my Zeals ?
Most quick straps have the velcro on one side, so maybe a guy can drill out a hole on the QS to fit the existing mounts on the helmet ? As these have a mounted post on both sides.

Or just rip them off all together and go old school....

View attachment 213821View attachment 213822

I absolutely hate the Quick straps, i used those years ago and went back to the old school full strap about 5 years ago. WAAAY better and more reliable. I got tired of the goggles filling with snow if you unstrap them from the side and the 3M tearing off after some use. You just end up digging out the full strap out of your gear..LOL.
Most all the guys i know are now gone back to the full strap for the same reason. Plus you can switch out goggles in seconds when that snow is extreme to allow the other pair to thaw out.
IMO, there is nothing quick about Quick straps, better suited for ....LOL...rider.

But hey don't let me throw a wrench in your decision, maybe you will never have an issue, its all about fun and what you prefer.

Last edited:

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I absolutely hate the Quick straps, i used those years ago and went back to the old school full strap about 5 years ago. WAAAY better and more reliable. I got tired of the goggles filling with snow if you unstrap them from the side and the 3M tearing off after some use. You just end up digging out the full strap out of your gear..LOL.
Most all the guys i know are now gone back to the full strap for the same reason. Plus you can switch out goggles in seconds when that snow is extreme to allow the other pair to thaw out.
IMO, there is nothing quick about Quick straps, better suited for ....LOL...rider.

But hey don't let me throw a wrench in your decision, maybe you will never have an issue, its all about fun and what you prefer.

I've been running quick straps for three years now both on the bike and the sled. It's nice to be able to flip the goggles to the back of your head when you don't need them, rather than taking them right off. I still have a second set of goggles in the warmer on the sled ready to pop on, with quick straps also. The bike I run tear-offs. Can't say I've had any of the issues you describe.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score

To each their own and everybody has an opinion. All my googles have quick straps and I have used them for over 10 years. The goggles come off as soon as I stop and that prevents fogging. When there is a problem with snow in the trees, I just pull them over the top of the helmet and attach the strap to the velcro. They don't have to dangle beside the helmet.

As for the strap, I never found a good place to put the goggles when I stopped. There isn't enough room below the visor and putting the goggles over the mouth piece sucked. Then you hang them on the bars or over the mountain bar and was always a problem with snow, etc.. There was also a problem adjusting them when you pulled them over the helmet and trying to fit onto the face. It was a chore and time consuming.

They are called quick straps for a reason..................they are quick! Both putting them and taking them off.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With the ckx helmet no need to take goggles off, open the mouth piece have a snack, drink close it and go, when it’s cold I leave goggles on all the time and just open mouth piece, when it’s warm the whole helmet comes off. Took the garbage ckx goggles and mounts off after 1 day, replaced with full strap Oakley infernos, can remove and put on the helmet with the goggles still on the helmet. Best helmet in the business and once paired with infernos is the best set up money can buy IMO. Quick straps are also junk IMO, ran them for a few years, Velcro wears out fast, every year or sometimes twice a year had to replace it, they never fit nice and tight to your face so I find lots of cold air moves around your eyes which dries out your eyes and causes freezing from inside out

Last edited:

Trukker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think CKX changed up the goggles last year. I found them to be good and don't fog up at all .

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
With the ckx helmet no need to take goggles off, open the mouth piece have a snack, drink close it and go, when it’s cold I leave goggles on all the time and just open mouth piece, when it’s warm the whole helmet comes off.

Maybe only when a person wears glasses it is necessary to take them off because the heat from one's skin fogs up the glasses. The mouth piece is good to flip down and helps with the heavy breathing.

With the new CKX this year, I got 2 pair of googles; a trail pair and a mountain pair. It will be interesting to see if they are any different. I have my Oakley Infernos and Air Brakes as my go to goggles.

Top Bottom