509 Carbon Helmet

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
TOBE is using an Airoh helmet now.

I'm selling a BNIB altitude carbon fiber 2018 model XXL $325 PM me if interested.

DeNytroguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm running the altitude myself, really liking it so far. Like said above - it's really all about what fits you.

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm really liking the new helmet. I picked it up Friday, and put three full days on it. My neck definitely noticed the weight difference between the Carbon and my old Altitude helmet. I kept the helmet on all day, other than the little bit of time spent in the cabin. I hardly noticed it even when digging, and like before I didn't have any issues with goggles fogging up. The finish also seems more durable than the old helmet, which chipped away fairly easily. The only thing I'm missing now is the quick strap mounts for my goggles. It's so much more convenient to be able to flip the goggles to the back of my head when I need to pull them off, and they stay way cleaner back there compared to hanging around my neck.

The fidlock is also a slick feature. While I can't quite get it latched with my big FXR gloves, all my other gloves were no problem, and it stayed secure at all times. Pulling the helmet off was way quicker with the new latch as well.

catrutt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
509 carbon best lid ever with 509 goggles super fit and super lite , it makes a big difference to your head and neck on the three day ride.

butthead

Reaction score
takes some time to master that fid lock thing
with all your gear and gloves on
get used to it at home first
with your gear on

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
takes some time to master that fid lock thing
with all your gear and gloves on
get used to it at home first
with your gear on

Agreed, that is my take-away from first trip with Fidlock. It is surprisingly difficult to latch with gloves on. And one issue I really didn't expect, I often don't hear it snap secure, so I think it is still disconnected, take my gloves off, and then find out it is connected.

Top Bottom