5 flashes check engine

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was reading on another site to leave the damaged egt sensor in the pipe, un plug the wires and install a 8k - 10k ohm resistor into the wires from the harness. I am going to build one and keep it with me in case the new sensor fouls up again. The sensors are pretty darn pricey at $180.00 a shot.

torkd

Reaction score
Was reading on another site to leave the damaged egt sensor in the pipe, un plug the wires and install a 8k - 10k ohm resistor into the wires from the harness. I am going to build one and keep it with me in case the new sensor fouls up again. The sensors are pretty darn pricey at $180.00 a shot.

Not sure if you've been on recently seeing as this thread is a couple years old, but I'm having the same issue with my sled. Did the ohm resistor idea work?

Thanks,

aceofspades9963

Reaction score
I'm not sure I would trust that with all the engine issue this thing has been having. My egt went a few weeks ago and I replaced it about 20 min into my test ride I got the lights again one of the wires had loosed off but looked to be seated. Maybe check your connection and try it again the worst that can happen is you foul a spark plug ( it just set the fuel control to full rich )

torkd

Reaction score
Ok I actually did have a problem fouling the plugs right before i was getting the engine light. I ended up ordering the new egt sensor yesterday..... $205!!!! Better work for that price ha ha.

Top Bottom