5 flashes check engine

hayastusa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went through one this year too, along with some pistons, cylinder, a arms...

this sleding thing is a little expensive! Maybe I should switch to Cat or Yammy?!?

Mine went as well. Warranty. I'll sell you a Yammie, snorkle and winch included.:nono:

capt. crunch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went through one this year too, along with some pistons, cylinder, a arms...

this sleding thing is a little expensive! Maybe I should switch to Cat or Yammy?!?

A arms sounds like rider error not Polaris.

Ah yes warranty a beautiful thing.

capt. crunch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Previously weakened by?

6 miles hr! When do you ever run a sled at 6 miles an hr.

Ryeser

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Previously weakened by?

6 miles hr! When do you ever run a sled at 6 miles an hr.

Honestly, it was only 6 miles an hour... believe me, I have been a huge supporter of Polaris, for years. Almost everyone of my friends have made fun of me, because I have been proud to ride Poo. It was embarrasing to say the least, that my A arm twisted like a twig on a trail going 6 miles an hour... with 4 ski-doos, one in front of me and 3 behind me.

Then I am going down a trail 25 mph 2 weeks ago, and I blow my engine, I have always warmed my sled up, yes I usually push it hard, but all my buddies Doo's don't blow their engines at 1500 miles, so I am quickly losing the battle to keep being proud to own a Polaris sled! That is my little point. I love the ride, I just have to budget an engine every year I ride...;)

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Ryeser what you going to do for a cyl,let me know if I can help you out.

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Honestly, it was only 6 miles an hour... believe me, I have been a huge supporter of Polaris, for years. Almost everyone of my friends have made fun of me, because I have been proud to ride Poo. It was embarrasing to say the least, that my A arm twisted like a twig on a trail going 6 miles an hour... with 4 ski-doos, one in front of me and 3 behind me.

Then I am going down a trail 25 mph 2 weeks ago, and I blow my engine, I have always warmed my sled up, yes I usually push it hard, but all my buddies Doo's don't blow their engines at 1500 miles, so I am quickly losing the battle to keep being proud to own a Polaris sled! That is my little point. I love the ride, I just have to budget an engine every year I ride...;)

The Doo guys are sure proud of their sleds on this site, but they all have issues. Buddy hit a rock with his ski at a fairly low speed on his 2011 XP and had to replace much more than just an "A" arm (cost him 4 grand). Are you going to go with the PMS kit on your engine rebuild? Timbo sounds like he is happy with his.

Trench:beer:

Ryeser

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Doo guys are sure proud of their sleds on this site, but they all have issues. Buddy hit a rock with his ski at a fairly low speed on his 2011 XP and had to replace much more than just an "A" arm (cost him 4 grand). Are you going to go with the PMS kit on your engine rebuild? Timbo sounds like he is happy with his.

Yes going with the fix kit from PMS - waiting for parts, from what I heard, every 08 - 10 Polaris owner is ordering one, making a very high demand for them and a long waiting list.

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes going with the fix kit from PMS - waiting for parts, from what I heard, every 08 - 10 Polaris owner is ordering one, making a very high demand for them and a long waiting list.

Good thing it waited till the end of the season to go down, with the wait for parts. The engine issues sure take away from what is otherwise a great machine. Good luck with the repairs.

Top Bottom