45 km road into Hassler ?

Demon13

Reaction score
Just wondering how the road into Hassler is and if a radio is required to venture up the logging road. Never been but deffinetly want to check it out.:mountainClimb:: Any info would be appreciated.BAAAAAAAP.

gxsrboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
maybe let you know tomorrow night,we are heading out tomorrow morn for the day(thur)

dumbassracing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey when are you guys leaving ? im on days off call my cell when you get chetwynd and ill try to met up with you guys .

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering how the road into Hassler is and if a radio is required to venture up the logging road. Never been but deffinetly want to check it out.:mountainClimb:: Any info would be appreciated.BAAAAAAAP.
not required, but definitely easier (safer) with one. the road is very narrow in places, difficult to meet another vehicle.

frock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A radio is not a legal requirement, but it's a heck of a lot safer. I work up there and there is logging trucks on the road now during the weekdays and tank trucks hauling production fluid anytime. Like teeroy said the road is very narrow in places and if you meet one of these trucks in the wrong spot you're gonna either have damage or end up in the ditch.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
who is coming up here thursday to ride Hasler this weekend from the Swan Hills area? my buddy Rudi (from the Hills) and I are heading there tomorrow afternoon, prolly stay at the Pinecone. he said one of the fellas coming is a member here, look forward to meeting y'all.

Demon13

Reaction score
who is coming up here thursday to ride Hasler this weekend from the Swan Hills area? my buddy Rudi (from the Hills) and I are heading there tomorrow afternoon, prolly stay at the Pinecone. he said one of the fellas coming is a member here, look forward to meeting y'all.

that would be me:d probably be leaving SH around 5 pm got to wait for a buddy to get off work then we are gone.We have rooms booked at the lake veiw inn.look foward to meeting ya.:Snowmobile1:

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that would be me:d probably be leaving SH around 5 pm got to wait for a buddy to get off work then we are gone.We have rooms booked at the lake veiw inn.look foward to meeting ya.:Snowmobile1:
cool beans man, we are booked at the lake view joint as well. see ya there tonite....:beer:

Zacs

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.zacstracs.com
We have requests for an avalanche class for the Chetwynd area. I was considering using the Hasler staging area for the field sessions. We will try to travel in groups with radios. Any thoughts regarding other staging areas near Chetwynd that might work? Are any of the trails groomed near Chetwynd?

Anyone interested in this class can look at the info on our website.

Feedback welcome,

Lori Z
Zac's Tracs

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have requests for an avalanche class for the Chetwynd area. I was considering using the Hasler staging area for the field sessions. We will try to travel in groups with radios. Any thoughts regarding other staging areas near Chetwynd that might work? Are any of the trails groomed near Chetwynd?

Anyone interested in this class can look at the info on our website.

Feedback welcome,

Lori Z
Zac's Tracs
no groomed trails near Chetwynd, I would be interested in a course there though.

Zacs

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.zacstracs.com
no groomed trails near Chetwynd, I would be interested in a course there though.

Sounds great. Registration forms are available in the Chetwynd article.

What hotels are good to stay at? Are there any security concerns in town? I was asked by a rider from Fort Nelson if there were any locked facilities to store trucks and trailers in. He was willing to pay.
Thanks!

frock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Lori, I am interested in this class, but not sure if I can get the time off yet. There is no grooming in the Chetwynd area. Powder King Ski Hill used to groom the Bijoux Trail, but haven't for a few years now. You have a few other options to hold your outdoor part of the class that don't require the use of a radio and it's pavement all the way. You could go to Beaver Creek, Bijoux Falls, Clearwater/Calazon, Old Friend, Silver Sands or Bickford. All these places are within an hour and 15 minutes drive of Chetwynd. What kind of terrain are you looking to hold this part of the class in; these areas I've listed above go from mild to extreme? There is no locked facilities for trucks and trailers. I haven't heard of any theft of sleds or trucks in Chetwynd yet this year; fingers and toes crossed. There are 2 new hotels Pomeroy Inn (250-788-4800) and Lakeview Inn (250-788-3000) and some older hotels, but only a couple that I would stay at Stagecoach Inn (250-788-9666) or Pinecone (250-788-3311). There are a couple others if you really stuck, but they look pretty nasty. Hope this helps.

Cheers;
Shane

Last edited:
Top Bottom