440 panther won't stay running

venocloud

Reaction score
I was given a 1998 Arctic Cat Panther 440. It has been sitting for 2 years. The first thing I did was clean the carbs, drained the old gas, installed new fuel lines, new plugs and a new battery. It will start right up. Took it out for a test drive and it runs for about 5 minutes and quits. Then it takes 5 to 10 minutes to get it to start back up. After that it will idle but it has no power. Anyone have any idea what I need to do?

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
I was given a 1998 Arctic Cat Panther 440. It has been sitting for 2 years. The first thing I did was clean the carbs, drained the old gas, installed new fuel lines, new plugs and a new battery. It will start right up. Took it out for a test drive and it runs for about 5 minutes and quits. Then it takes 5 to 10 minutes to get it to start back up. After that it will idle but it has no power. Anyone have any idea what I need to do?

Is there a filter in the gas tank - maybe?

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
had the same issue with an old employees sle. even the same kind,year etc if i remember right. take everything apart and reclean again. i found it took about 4 times before we got everything out. we took the tank right off and everything each time. you would get a little rip and it would suck more crap from somewhere and plug everything up again.

firecat99

Reaction score
Mine did the same found out the pistons were groved from lack of oil and rings were closed on one side so i was losing compression, for what pistons go for that sled i would rebuild the topend you can get a whole piston kit on ebay for like $100, Arctic Cat keep that motor for 20 years or so, so finding parts for that little motor a cheap and easy to get

Top Bottom