4 year old boy what bike?

Kermit

Reaction score
Bought my boy a PW50 when he was 2 with training wheels, first year he was on it every weekend then next two he didn't want to touch it so I didn't push it as well, about a month ago he asked to ride and has asked every evening since. In the past month he also decided to switch from scooter to pedal bike since I told him the training wheels would come off the dirt bike once he could ride pedal bike without them, it'll come in their own time. Side benefit is my toddler potty trained in the last month as I told him he couldn't come with dad and big brother until he used the potty. Best part is wife thinks I should get the WR450 I've been looking at!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kermit

Reaction score
Oh yeah, PW50 is great beginner, bought a 2009 left over new in 2011 for $950, extra $150 for training wheels, got two more kids to learn on it after the first is done and bet I'll still get $1000 for it when I sell it 5-6 years from now, they hold value for sure.

Last edited:

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bought my boy a PW50 when he was 2 with training wheels, first year he was on it every weekend then next two he didn't want to touch it so I didn't push it as well, about a month ago he asked to ride and has asked every evening since. In the past month he also decided to switch from scooter to pedal bike since I told him the training wheels would come off the dirt bike once he could ride pedal bike without them, it'll come in their own time. Side benefit is my toddler potty trained in the last month as I told him he couldn't come with dad and big brother until he used the potty. Best part is wife thinks I should get the WR450 I've been looking at!

im in the market for a new bike to put around on and follow them... no lead my boys ( they can eat some dust) i recently sold a 450x... for me im thinking i need something slower to put around on... may go to a trials bike

Kermit

Reaction score
Would like a trials/Enduro cross, trying to get my hands on a KTM 250 Freeride, also considering KTM 300 XC-W as I don't really want the speed of a 450 or full blown MX, option to convert WR450 to snow bike has me thinking but honestly it's too much for my skill and desire to not break any more bones is top priority (Last CR 250 left me with a plate and 8 bolts holding left leg together, too old for that crap anymore).

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 300xcw will walk all over the 450. So if you are looking for something tame and easy to ride have a very serious look at the 200xcw. Awesome little bike and very easy to ride, and very fun at the same time.

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would like a trials/Enduro cross, trying to get my hands on a KTM 250 Freeride, also considering KTM 300 XC-W as I don't really want the speed of a 450 or full blown MX, option to convert WR450 to snow bike has me thinking but honestly it's too much for my skill and desire to not break any more bones is top priority (Last CR 250 left me with a plate and 8 bolts holding left leg together, too old for that crap anymore).

kermit so in the same boat buddy... would love a 250 2t freeride... someone said they saw the 350freeride in Calgary last summer but it was like 15k... may go to the 200 ktm xc-w as well...or beta trials evo 300

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A little 2t would be better to ride w the kids. Most thumpers will be overheating. I have a little ktm 200 and it's surprisingly fun. Much easier to handle in the tight stuff than the 570 anyways haha.

'12 T4
Husaberg 570FE

Top Bottom